Ibby project for benzesp

• Thread starter Benzesp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
My friend is building me a Dino-ized Ibby body. (modded to my specs)

1 piece mahogany body
1 salvaged Ibanez Japanese 7420 neck
1 EMG 707
1 Volume

This will be a fixed double-locking bridge (modifying a TRS bridge I acquired) So no trem block or big ass trem cavity in the middle of the guitar.

Not really an Ibby guy but I've always like Dino's simple guitars. This piece of mahogany is fucking hard and HEAVY! Should sound pretty sick.

So far:

3015485d791a56326.jpg

Getting there,
30154865ab061b966.jpg

301548776bf22640b.jpg

Front
301548776bf2ececc.jpg

No trem cavity, FIXED double locking bridge! Still waiting on my battery box to come in.. Temp cover in its place.
301548776bf3aedcf.jpg

Done..

Sorry, crap cell picks, my camera died. Any way, it sounds great and weigh's a ton. Everybody that picks it up comments on its freakish weight. Serioulsy Les Paul custom ballpark.

I'll try to getanother camera and replace these picks with some proper ones.

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
dino's guitfiddles are sick, this will be awesome if you pull it off. :yesway: :agreed:
Oh I can and I will :)
Really the main cost will be custom the body, I've been acquiring the parts over the last couple of months. And yea I know its a cheap TRS bridge but I couldnt see spending the money for an edge pro only to "bolt "it down. My friend Darkside (forum member) is a luthier and he's doing all of the wood work. He makes some pretty sick guitars and has done work for me in the past. You should see my ESP MII new body to my specs, it's fucking awesome and I expect this Ibby will be as well. So if your in the market for a hand made body or neck (not CNC'ed) you might want to hit him up for prices if your serious. He's a talented guy and stands by his work.

But yea more pics to come sometime this week:hbang:

Last edited:

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
You do realize that I'm gonna have to play it, right? :squint:

SlowShred

Reaction score
That is gonna be sick! What scale length are you goin with? I would really love to build my own one of these days. I guess I need to get with my teach and build one.

')