Ibby S470DX ZR to vintage trem

mindgrief

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello there,

I have a brutal quest.

I own an Ibanez S470DX guitar with his devoted and certainly famous ZR + ZPS trem system : ibanez fandom link for more desc

But I'm not a floyd guy, which I prefer fix, bigsby or more recently, vintage straty-ish tremolos.

And then I saw this video

This is exactly what I want, but ... there is always a but ... this is Floyd Rose in the video.

My question : Is it possible to do the same thing with my setup? Or is there another product for my particular cavity (of guitar I mean)

All advice is mostly appreciated

Best regards to all

ben

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The routing is different due to the dimensions of the trem AND The significantly more narrow sustain block, and the post spacing seems to be different as well. It's definitely not a drop-in replacement and from what I can tell, no one makes a drop in replacement for a ZR system.

Reaction score
Sell the guitar, get one with the bridge you like.

A guitar's bridge is a major part of its design and concept. Changing bridge types is not and easy task and will come always with concessions here and there, aesthetic, functional or even impossible to reverse. Best course of action is to find a guitar with a bridge that suits your needs. Ibanez has several Sabers with vintage style trems, look for the SV models if you want to keep that guitar body design.

mindgrief

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Indeed, I think you all right.

It seems to be an expansive, quite impossible project to make, with a narrow result.

Thank you guys !

Bless you

Muzz

Reaction score
If you want it more like a floyd you can take out the ZPS bar at the back.

Also if you need a replacement arm you can use the arm and holder from a floyd rose, much cheaper.

But yeah, if you don't like the bridge then replace the guitar in this case.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If you want it more like a floyd you can take out the ZPS bar at the back.

Also if you need a replacement arm you can use the arm and holder from a floyd rose, much cheaper.

But yeah, if you don't like the bridge then replace the guitar in this case.
He wants the opposite. Less like a Floyd.

In this case I'd also look into an Ibanez SA. It's thicker, but same silhouette. They also all have 2-point non-locking trems.