Ibby type Super Tele....

Omzig

Reaction score
Hey Guys

So been away for a while im just now recovering from a very nasty chest infection that's had me down for a month or so...

Any hows haven't had chance to get to the workshop for a while but as i started to feel better in the past 10 days or so i got a itch for a new build (still got many other project to finish but you know how it goes)

Trigger for this was i found a very nice RGAIX6U-ABS (fuck ibby guitar names...just wow) neck on evilbay going pretty cheap @ just £75, hit the BIN and started to mull over what to build body wise for it....

After a bit of mocking in PS i came up with this based on ryans knights LACS tele shape

v6i3kp.jpg

i already have self designed templates cut for this body shape i used on another build that i was very pleased with so it's a no brainier to re use them here,Not sure if i'll go with an Ibby bridge or just slap a floyd rose on this (i think i have an Edge II kicking about in a box somewhere)

24v2n7q.jpg

Spec on this woods wise is

Neck:3 piece Maple/Bubinga/Maple with Ebony board/bound (brown ash headstock veneer will go)

Body will be 1 piece 40mm Idigbo with 7mm Black Limba top

5bxu9j.jpg

2uix7ya.jpg

Just got chance to cut & thickness the body today and mark things up,should get chance to do some gluing tomorrow see how it goes from there,don't fancy spending to long in a unheated workshop this time of the year ;)

Omzig

Reaction score
Top is glued up/down now

Decided to go with a reveal Arm carve after doing a bit more PS'ing

1zvew6v.jpg

Ibby bridge i have kicking around is just a black Edge III,I have a nickel black OFR was keeping for another crackle spray/build project so i think i'll drop that on this instead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
Dadgum the auto fill!
I meant "Hidden Jems"
I am so sorry, I just now saw that. I'll try to get on later with the device that I posted that from so I can edit it.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Pure gold!! Love the autocorrect a d Max's accuracy there...

Amazing built! Love the FR shape, it is just the perfect Tele, with the scoops and cuts in the right places.

Eager to see it finished!!

Omzig

Reaction score
So had a bit of a delay in working on Ann Frank here,after i went for a check up my Doc gave me a bollocking for going back to my workshop,sent me for a chest X-ray and told me to stay out the cold for another 2 weeks (so i had a week off and thought well fuck waiting another week im going bonkers stuck indoors time to make sawdust....)

24vp7qo.jpg

the front back center line is pencil btw not a glue line ;)