Ibby type Super Tele....

Omzig

Reaction score
Very nice, this is looking great!

Thanks man :)

OK time for some Osmo PolyX glossy wipe on (i'll take this to 5 coats over the next week and see how it buffs out from there)

2ywuuxw.jpg

Seems i have a bit of leopard spotting going on in the back which looks pretty cool i think

also decided to kick up a matching vol knob from my offcuts,with white marker ring + luminus dot (marker is made with the plastic tube from a cotten bud+UV poweder+CA)

25ai4ip.jpg

Laters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Omzig

Reaction score
I really like how this is turning out!

Thx,I gotta say im pretty happy with it myself sofar ;)

So got about 7 thin'ish coats of the osmo polyx on but it looks like it might still need a few more to fill up the last of the black limba's open grain

2ebhh1x.jpg

Been told by the osmo guys if i want it to buff to a hard/high gloss i shouldn't touch it for at least 2 weeks (pref 3 weeks) after the last coat goes on so it can fully cure.....kinda wish id used the Solarez now lol.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
Thx,I gotta say im pretty happy with it myself sofar ;)

So got about 7 thin'ish coats of the osmo polyx on but it looks like it might still need a few more to fill up the last of the black limba's open grain

2ebhh1x.jpg

Been told by the osmo guys if i want it to buff to a hard/high gloss i shouldn't touch it for at least 2 weeks (pref 3 weeks) after the last coat goes on so it can fully cure.....kinda wish id used the Solarez now lol.
3 weeks?! sheeyit I would have just slathered it in tru oil/danish oil if that's the case.

Omzig

Reaction score
3 weeks?! sheeyit I would have just slathered it in tru oil/danish oil if that's the case.

Ive done tru/danish oil before and that shit takes years to fully cure lol! This osmo stuff is rated for hardwood floors so should cure rock hard,Ive used the osmo oil in matt/satin on necks before and that stuff only takes about 3 days to cure off and feels 80's guitar neck tastic!

Im not to fuss'ed about the cure delay TBH as i want to spend some time sorting out my workshop space so it flows better between build phases,i also want to spend sometime on building a better pin router jig as well as jigs for fret slotting and fretboard radius'ing doing both the later by hand is getting to be a PITA ;)

Omzig

Reaction score
So quick update on this build.....Started to do a light level/dust bunny removal of the finish with a 1800 pad and decided within about 30 seconds that this is going to need a few more coats of oil due to some grain sink back...doh another few weeks of cure wish id just have used the Solarez or CA now!

lewis

Reaction score
Ive used the osmo stuff before and i never got that curing time either.

Like how impractical is it to use it on your floor in your home - but then it takes 3 weeks to cure haha

So what shut the living room off for 3 weeks? Impractical.

devastone

Reaction score
That looks awesome, only makes me want a 7 string version more (I was looking before this thread), but no one will make a body. Perle has a 7 string FR body in basswood, but won't take special wood orders. Mai doesn't do a FR body.