Iced Earth vs Lamb of God WTF...Aren't FB comments the best

• Thread starter CrownofWorms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Based on my knowledge of the two, if I had to listen to only one of those bands on a six-hour car ride, I'd choose Iced Earth. More range in their sounds, giving me something of a rest, you could say.

Lamb Of God has pretty much kept the same sound, they just get more refined. I respect that immensely, but as a non-fan, it gets really tiring.

I have an idea for the next competition: Queen vs. Bob Dylan! :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
I'm a fruit guy so I like apples and oranges ;)!

As far as FRUITS are concerned, do you know where APPLES and ORANGES came from? They both came from TROPICAL CULTURE. Yeah, that's right. I'll stick to veggies, thank you much. Right rainbow bright?

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Jon Schaffer broke his neck mid show and carried on playing till the end of the show. LOG have not, therefore cake.

Honestly, why even compare any band of any genre?

This whole true metal/fake metal thing is so stupid that I thought it would of died by now. It really isn't anything to get upset about.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
I play banjo and its just as cool as when I chug around on my 8 string.

Music is music. Its all made of the same 12 notes. I hate internet people.

Except for ss.org :wub:

broj15

Reaction score
LOG = mud digger redneck metal
Iced Earth = Pretty damn good metal.
I'm the assistant manager for a record store and all i know is that the majority of the people who buy lamb of god cd's are the same people who are drooling over Jason Aldean, Colt Ford (google it and be astounded at the stupidity), and Toby Keith. Just sayin.

Edika

Reaction score
As far as FRUITS are concerned, do you know where APPLES and ORANGES came from? They both came from TROPICAL CULTURE. Yeah, that's right. I'll stick to veggies, thank you much. Right rainbow bright?

But both have actually Asian origins so not so tropical in "that" sense. And what kind of veggies would that be? :p :p :p :p

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
It amuses me that people have missed the point of the thread - not to actually foist their opinion on the world (no matter how many qualifiers they include to ensure their opinion is "unassailable") but to decry the sort of rampant stupidity and genre/band elitism that spoils oh so many discussions about music.

The hordes of YT videos proclaiming "Guitar Battle Loomis Vs. Cooley" or "Laiho vs. Dime" or any other equally banal, pointless and subjective discussions seem only designed to promote trollery or for the poster/OP to seek validation of their own prejudices.

I like bananas :)

I also have to admit I've never really listened to LoG or IE - where on earth should I start? I'm tempted to drift towards IE given my age and musical predilections ^^

guitareben

Reaction score
I got an idea! Lets go an argue about opinions on stuff!! Because, my opinion is superior to yours, and if i shout my opinion at you and attempt to justify it (which ends in failure in the end: Why do you like food [insert]) then i will somehow change your opinion on something which is almost entirely down to personal taste...

Person X - "[Band A] is best! [Band B] fucking suck"
Person Y - "[Band B] is best! [Band A] fucking suck"

And so on...

But like, wasn't this thread supposed to just be a laugh at some genre elitism in the first place? I think some people have missed the point...

KarlMagnusRobin

Köttbullar är fint..
Reaction score
I really don't understand these arguments about "this band is better than that band, fuck you and die!!!" ?
I have grown up with Iced Earth and really enjoy their music, they're great musicians and they have probably influenced a lot of bands and musicians out there... even the guys in LoG probably have been too!

LoG is also a great band with really talented musicians who have inspired a whole new generation, but in the end it all depends on taste..

I enjoy Iced Earths music a bit more than LoG's, but that dosen't mean that they suck and are completly worthless.. That's just childish and retarded to have an opinion like that!

IMHO!!

I Voyager

Reaction score
I also have to admit I've never really listened to LoG or IE - where on earth should I start? I'm tempted to drift towards IE given my age and musical predilections ^^

^ That one is off their new album, with their new singer, Stu Block (from Into Eternity).

Latest posts

')