Iced Earth vs Lamb of God WTF...Aren't FB comments the best

• Thread starter CrownofWorms
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
The Iced Earth song there in that poll is >>> the LoG song, and I like LoG and don't really like Iced Earth, and the comments are annoying.... sooooo my vote goes to IE

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Iced Earth is lame overly dramatic power metal--any time I hear this crap one song comes to mind: Turbo Lover. And that is all I hear. And don't forget the black leather and spikes--you know who wears black leather and spikes? Mr Slave.

I find this hilarious coming from someone who's username is from a greeting card equivalent to My Little Pony, but I digress....

It's a pity you have so little to offer in this thread. You'll also have nothing to offer for a month.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Nobody fucks with Carrot Top.
attack_attack.jpg

Is looking tired and possibly hungry the new badass look?

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
"Turbo Lover" is an excellent song, so is "Desert Plains" and "Eat (pause) Me Aliiiiiivvvvveee!".

Lamb of God were good when Steve Austin produced them.
Iced Earth are a cool band that I believe deserve respect for sticking to their guns ... and swords, and axes and shields and police uniforms.

And it's a dumb competition, why are we talking abut it?

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Turbo Lover" is an excellent song, so is "Desert Plains" and "Eat (pause) Me Aliiiiiivvvvveee!".

Lamb of God were good when Steve Austin produced them.
Iced Earth are a cool band that I believe deserve respect for sticking to their guns ... and swords, and axes and shields and police uniforms.

And it's a dumb competition, why are we talking abut it?

I do find all the IE cracks about swords and shields and leather and spikes amusing, since with the exception of the last tour, every time I saw IE they were in T-shirts and jeans - and it was only Barlow in leather on the last tour, for that matter.

I love people who speak from ignorance. :lol:

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Iced Earth has been one of my favorite bands since as long as I can remember. When "metal" wasn't cool, they didn't care. They stuck to it and refused to compromise or change, unlike a lot of the bigger metal bands.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
I saw Iced Earth with my best friend a few weeks ago.

Jon Schaffer's rhythm chops are NOT to be fucked with. Ever.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've seen Iced Earth in concert and god damn is Schaffer intimidating in person, and just as fucking tight as he is on the albums.

I've seen Lamb of God live and Mark and Willie are also as fucking groovy and punchy as they are on their albums, and they also look like they're having a blast.

Who gives a fuck about this shit? C'mon.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Iced Earth is lame overly dramatic power metal--any time I hear this crap one song comes to mind: Turbo Lover. And that is all I hear. And don't forget the black leather and spikes--you know who wears black leather and spikes? Mr Slave.

I usually think black metal these days. Stop being a judgemental homophobe.

Also - this guy is gay. And metal as fuck.

url

More on topic - it's not really a great Lamb of God track. I'm a huge fan of Lamb and a more recent fan of Iced Earth, but it's literally comparing apples to oranges. People from both camps will sound off that the other one is lame or gay or whatever.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having played with both bands, I'd support the comment that the bands would be having a beer together and not worrying about it...

Keeping Blythe and Schaffer from discussing politics would seem to be a good idea, though. :lol:

groph

Reaction score
you realize that the entire leather spike deal is from gay culture, no? cough rob halford cough.

OH NO! NOT GAY CULTURE!

I hope you get permabanned.

This thread is fucking hilarious.

EDIT: Name is rainbowbrite. Goddamnit, I done fell for a troll. 10/10, I got mad.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
LMAO LoG >> IE all day long. just because Iced Earth was out first, it certainly does not mean they are better. By this logic, Avenged Sevenfold is better than Corelia, because they were out first. Also, A7X and Corelia are as different as IE and LoG.

my two pence.

edit: you stupid fucks need to learn to take a fucking joke. seriously.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
I don't like "Wrath", or LOG in general, am I a terrorist? What a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not a big IE fan, but the typical LOG fan on show here is the kind of metal fan who I want to be absolutely disassociated from.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
LMAO LoG >> IE all day long. just because Iced Earth was out first, it certainly does not mean they are better. By this logic, Avenged Sevenfold is better than Corelia, because they were out first. Also, A7X and Corelia are as different as IE and LoG.

my two pence.

Also, if you don't like Wrath, you're a terrorist. lol.

wut.

though I do find Contractor to be highly entertaining.

I like LoG quite a bit but I can absolutely see where a lot of their criticism comes from. It seems to me like you either like what they do, or you don't, and they don't come with a ton of variety. I've never listened to Iced Earth, myself.

thatguy87

DjentyGoodness
Reaction score
I don't like "Wrath", or LOG in general, am I a terrorist? What a ridiculous thing to say. I'm not a big IE fan, but the typical LOG fan on show here is the kind of metal fan who I want to be absolutely disassociated from.

'twas only a joke, I promise. :yesway:

renzoip

I Am the Table
Reaction score
Putting aside looks, antiquity, popularity, etc. I still find Iced Earth's music enjoyable, and LoG's music non-enjoyable. LoG might be heavier but heavier isn't necessarily better IMO.

')