If Not a Musician, What Else Would You Have Become

• Thread starter AngelVivaldi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darbdavys

Reaction score
I'm still at school :p but planning to learn biochemistry, molecular biology or medicine in university to make a living out of it. so music will be but a hobby. but will try to put in lots of effort on writing music and playing with band (if I ever find someone here who likes the kind of music I write)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I'm working on being a writer. It's probably just about as difficult as making it in the music industry though. So here's to hoping my band AND my writing make it!

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Not to sound patriotic or anything, but this is what I like about Sweden... all schools, even universities, are completely free, you even get money from the state every month so you don't need to work during semesters. I'm taking a music production class next year that won't cost me a cent, save for some course litterature of course, although not much as most of it is based around the Pro Tools manual.

To be honest I don't mind working and studying at the same time. It gets a bit much at times when you have 25 hours+ on site at uni and 15-20 hours a week in a part time job, and you still have to find time for assignments, all the essays and dissertation stuff. I often feel like "Where the fuck is my life in all this?" but its not for that much longer so I'm not bothered. I am quite jealous of graduates who only work though, working set hours, leaving work at work etc and getting paid a great wage to do it. I'm snowed under with work and making barely above minimum wage, fucking get in! :ugh:

However, I'm glad I didn't can my job for uni, its much better for your CV if you can show that you have plenty of work experience, even if its not directly related to the field you are studying. In a job market as competitive as it is in 2009, I wouldn't want to go into a job interview with "3 years of bumming around campus", since so many students do work through uni, its pretty hard to explain away big gaps inyour work record like that.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
An artist - I haven't drawn anything in many many years but before I picked up a guitar, I was an artist of fantastic detail. Even at like 10 years old I could draw things nearly on par with Todd McFarlen (who I very much looked up to). I should get back into it as it was an amazing outlet.

Before that, I had some aspiration to be an actor, and was really into doing voice impersonations and making crazy faces.

However, there's pictures of me at 2 years old with a voilin, or a trumpet, or a miniature guitar, so I think it was pretty much clear cut what I'd end up focusing on.

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
An artist - I haven't drawn anything in many many years but before I picked up a guitar, I was an artist of fantastic detail. Even at like 10 years old I could draw things nearly on par with Todd McFarlen (who I very much looked up to). I should get back into it as it was an amazing outlet.

Before that, I had some aspiration to be an actor, and was really into doing voice impersonations and making crazy faces.

However, there's pictures of me at 2 years old with a voilin, or a trumpet, or a miniature guitar, so I think it was pretty much clear cut what I'd end up focusing on.

Aww, Dude, I feel you. I too am an artist, a cartoonist actually. I've been drawing since I was 2 yrs old..scribbling walls, yea, but I instinctively knew what to do with a writing utensil. I still have my first real drawing in my baby photo album.

I have pics of myself playing a toy guitar, in front of a make shift pretend mic made out of a fold up music stand and a shower head...according to my mom and grandma, I put it together myself...and I was only 2!!!

While I love music more than anything, I don't really think I could put myself through the rigorous ordeal that is trying to "make it". And yea, the artistic field is no cake walk either, but I'm much more confident in my artistic abilities than in music.

Besides, I'm really passionate about creating characters and stories, and telling epic tales of adventures and amazing acts of heroism.

I'll probably still be involved in music somehow, but to a different capacity...perhaps writing soundtracks for my animations and whatnot.

Either way, I wish you the best in everything that you do. :hbang:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
On a serious note, probably a writer. I've always loved creative writing, and (i'd like to think) i have a fairly individual style by modern standards. Hell, one day i may even still publish what i'm working on currently :lol:

pink freud

Reaction score
Probably martial arts. I spent a decade doing both, but music took over after high school.

halsinden

it's a british thing
Reaction score
i was an actor before music took off.

i had attended drama school, had an agent and was performing in theatre & film mostly.

H

Skylark

Giver of Names
Reaction score
I wanted to become a cherokee indian.
Or one of the world-terrorizing evil scientists from early James Bond movies. Then I tried to be a musician, which did not work out in the end.
Now I'm only a scientist. Funny too, at least some times and I still can play my guitars

Latest posts

')