If ONLY Ibanez made this guitar

• Thread starter rob02382
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like the knob placement+switch placement. Change it to normal+cosmo hardware+piezo+reverse headstock and I'd be all over that shit.

Yeah, Ibanez needs a custom shop for the public, now.

rob02382

Born Again
Reaction score
First, the picture was done with photoshop elements, a program I can barely stumble through. Also, seeing as there has been a good reaction to this, I'll probably shoot out more of these just for fun. Obviously, the guitar is for MY needs at the moment, so I didn't put piezo's or a reverse headstock or an ejection seat on it. It's meant to be a working mans guitar. Carved top for comfort & looks, mahogany for tonewood, the trem of the future (my prediction), logical location of controls for volume swells & switching, and 24 frets. This guitar is totally do-able, and could be affordable. No binding, multi-stage paintjob, expensive electronics (piezo's), figured top or inlay work, and the bolt-on neck ensures no glossy finish on the back to slow things down. Imagine.. a guitar designed so that the most money is spent on the bread and butter backbone of a tone-machine: Quality tonewood, premium pickups & pots, great neck, and an unbeatable trem. Yeah, you can get a Jem or a guitar from Ikebe with the basics as well, but wrapped in a package that costs three times as much & won't necessarily sound any better. Sounds like a winner of a combo. I think the Loomis model comes very close, and in fact would be a great head to head review with this guitar (If this guitar actually existed, that is). Oh well, we'll probably never see Ibanez produce a great working mans guitar like this, so it's likely just musical masturbation... - Rob:shred:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
First, the picture was done with photoshop elements, a program I can barely stumble through. Also, seeing as there has been a good reaction to this, I'll probably shoot out more of these just for fun. Obviously, the guitar is for MY needs at the moment, so I didn't put piezo's or a reverse headstock or an ejection seat on it. It's meant to be a working mans guitar. Carved top for comfort & looks, mahogany for tonewood, the trem of the future (my prediction), logical location of controls for volume swells & switching, and 24 frets. This guitar is totally do-able, and could be affordable. No binding, multi-stage paintjob, expensive electronics (piezo's), figured top or inlay work, and the bolt-on neck ensures no glossy finish on the back to slow things down. Imagine.. a guitar designed so that the most money is spent on the bread and butter backbone of a tone-machine: Quality tonewood, premium pickups & pots, great neck, and an unbeatable trem. Yeah, you can get a Jem or a guitar from Ikebe with the basics as well, but wrapped in a package that costs three times as much & won't necessarily sound any better. Sounds like a winner of a combo. I think the Loomis model comes very close, and in fact would be a great head to head review with this guitar (If this guitar actually existed, that is). Oh well, we'll probably never see Ibanez produce a great working mans guitar like this, so it's likely just musical masturbation... - Rob:shred:

+rep for making a post that makes sense and says what I've been rying to say for AGES. :lol:

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Yeah, some inlays look good on a guitar, but I would rather have no inlays than dot inlays... Very nice RG. :rolleyes:

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
ibby will prolly never make that guitar because we all want it!!! but who knows new stuff soon from Ibby might be what we all need. the La custom shop will never be open to the public it is too small to handle volume...and also it is for R&D and endorse's of the "A" caliber.......

Latest posts

')