If You Can Name Just ONE Guitar Player...

• Thread starter WayneCustom7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
OK I know this has been done to death, but this time only name one. One guitar player who inspired you to pick up and play. One who, above all others created that certain riff or solo, that each time you hear it, you shiver...one who has had the biggest impact on your early years, the years I consider to be those that have shaped you. Also, along with just the ONE, give ONLY ONE REASON, one main reason for choosing this person. This should make for an interesting list because of the different age groups we have here at ss.org (and no mine isn't Chuck Berry)

OK mine is Glen Tipton, phew there I said it. And the reason, very simply, his phrasing. No one phrases like Glen, or atleast at that time no one did.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Not what inspired me to play, BUT Buckethead's Colma album, and again.... i cant do it in one word his phrasing his tone just his playing.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Eddie Van Halen. Not only is he a fantastic guitarist with amazing tone, but he's one of the few guitarists on stage who looked like he was having a blast! He is all smiles! ;)

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, unexpected there, with Oliva and Blackmore...and Buckethead, I take it jason is a fairly fresh individual, I mean age wise:cool:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Eddie Van Halen. Not only is he a fantastic guitarist with amazing tone, but he's one of the few guitarists on stage who looked like he was having a blast! He is all smiles! ;)
One reason, that's cheating!:fawk:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kurt Cobain. Why? He made it seem like something I could do.

(honorary nod to my dad, for having a guitar that he played a bit, and for years of support)

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
One reason, that's cheating!:fawk:
True, but with Eddie, you can't list one reason. It's a package deal. He had it all! ;)

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Wow, unexpected there, with Oliva and Blackmore...and Buckethead, I take it jason is a fairly fresh individual, I mean age wise:cool:

i'm 23 didn't grow up in a musical household in the slightest..um been playing for awhile now but i would just say buckethead's colma album is my favorite.:wavey: My first "ROCK" cd was 311 then stuff like no doubt,bush,everclear stuff like that

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Shannon said:
True, but with Eddie, you can't list one reason. It's a package deal. He had it all! ;)
True true, I hate it when people bash him, especially over at, well I won't mention it out of respect. Eddie was an innovator, and nobody, regardless of Eddie's or from us. Eddie's fingers were magical, in every sense of the word!

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
.jason. said:
i'm 23 didn't grow up in a musical household in the slightest..um been playing for awhile now but i would just say buckethead's colma album is my favorite.:wavey: My first "ROCK" cd was 311 then stuff like no doubt,bush,everclear stuff like that
No that's cool, that's why this is going to be interesting...hey I'm still waiting for someone to say Head or Monkey:lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
No that's cool, that's why this is going to be interesting...hey I'm still waiting for someone to say Head or Monkey:lol:

hahah after those first cd's i got into Korn limp bizkit ie: i mean I right at that age when it was cool so im not ashamed of it. I really dug those two and wes borland.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
.jason. said:
hahah after those first cd's i got into Korn limp bizkit ie: i mean I right at that age when it was cool so im not ashamed of it. I really dug those two and wes borland.
I'm only playing, I can never knock another guitar player, especially one who is rich and making a living from it, while I struggle with my FUCKING TONE!

Latest posts

')