If You Can Name Just ONE Guitar Player...

• Thread starter WayneCustom7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
David Gilmour. I started listening to Pink Floyd from a pretty young age as my Dad would always play The Wall on the stereo. So I guess he was really the guy that got me into guitars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kurt Cobain. Why? He made it seem like something I could do.

(honorary nod to my dad, for having a guitar that he played a bit, and for years of support)

Quoting this because it's still true. Also, Jimi's "Voodoo Child (slight return) was the first track that made me think, "holy shit, you can make the guitar sound evil!" (and still does to this day), so given the context it probably deserves a nod.

But the thing is, I heard it and thought never in a million years could I play like that. Thus, without Nirvana and Kurt in particular, I'd never be here.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
To me this is a near impossible question...

I'll just say daron malakian for now, S.O.A.D made me pick up the guitar...

T_money419

Badass mofo
Reaction score
I wanted to learn the beginning riff of Children of The Sea by Black Sabbath. So Tony Iommi I guess. After that I wanted to learn Eruption and my goals keep getting harder and harder

Skeletor

Reaction score
I think Adrian Smith made me pick up the guitar. But now my biggest influence is without a doubt Petrucci.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think there was any one player in particular that made me want to play. I started playing guitar primarily because drum kits don't come with volume knobs, heh. Holdsworth is the man who made me want to quit though. Untouchable.

Tzoni

Reaction score
For me it was a hiphop band called Active Member, who heavily utilize acoustic and classic guitars in their songs, that made me pick up the guitar. The guy who played guitar is named Jamoan (his nickname). I almost hated the sound of an electric guitar back then.
After that I got into Rage Against The Machine. I really liked that rock-rap thing going on, so I picked up the electric guitar. So, the guy that originally influenced to pick up the electric was Tom Morello.
But the guy that really inspired me not to give up and improve has to be Dimebag. His style and his sound was great. Also Domination is pure aggressiveness.

')