If you could have any custom, what brand would it be?

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
KxK (duh), Strandberg, Thorn, Artinger, Hartung, Myka, Forshage, Vik

Crap as somebody pointed out I forgot Oni :lol:

So revised list

KxK (duh), Strandberg, Thorn, Artinger, Hartung, Myka, Forshage, Vik, Oni

I'm hoping that some things in the works come through this year and I'll be able to start working through that list :hbang:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Already ordered: BRJ Slant Top 7, Daemoness Custom 7 (which is extremely high spec).

Any Blackmachine but primarily a B2; Vik, Mayones, and another Daemoness. Those are the likely ones, but since we are all dreaming here I'll add a couple more awesome custom brands: Jaden Rose, Strictly 7, KxK, and the awesomely cool Decibel. If I ever got a PRS bug again, I'd hit up the late Ed Roman's Custom Shop for a Quicksilver- I learned lots about tone woods from visiting his shop. For Tele's, I'd go with Tomkins.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
If we're talking sevens here, a 27-fret Moser Bastard V 7 would be ace.

I think, though, that it'd be a Ran for me. A pearl white, neck-thru 7-string Iceman shape with a 24-fret, 26.5" scale ebony board, Hipshot fixed bridge and DiMarzios (maybe an X2N 7 and a Tone Zone 7) would suit me just fine...

6-strings-wise, however... it'd be another Ran, this time based on the old Ibanez Artfield shape:

1990IbanezArtfieldAFD45.jpg

That, with a Hipshot fixed bridge and zebra Seymour Duncans (Distortion/Hot Rail, probably). Also, I'd go for a mahogany body and just have a thin slice of bubinga for the top. And it'd be neck through, with a Washburn-style extended cutaway like on the N4. And have an ESP cockstock.
And yes, 30 frets too. :fawk:
If I were feeling flush, I'd have a 7-string made the same way too. And a fretless one with a metal fingerboard :lol:

Although with that being said, for 6 strings, I'd find it hard to resist a Gibson Flying V built to my specs... basically, it'd be exactly like my Faded V but it'd have 24 frets and locking tuners. And a kill-switch. And contouring around the neck heel for the best possible fret access. Then another one with P-90s and a fat 50s-style neck profile. Oh wow, I think I just had an accident in my trousers.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
Actually, yeah, I would get two Ibanez LACS: An RGD7 and an RGA7

RGD specs:
Walnut body
Highly figured Koa top
5 piece Maple/Mahogany neck
Rosewood fretboard
Dimarzio Crunchlab/liquifire
Edge zero bridge
25.5"
Bolt-on AANJ

RGA specs same as RGD except:
Mahogany body
Flamed Maple top (Natural finish)

I hate you for making this thread and raising my GAS to unreachable levels.

Ice4600

Reaction score
Company: EBMM
Model: JP6/JP7 BFR
Body Wood: Alder w/ Mahogany toneblock
Body Finish: Satin purple flame w/ black burst
Neck Wood: Rosewood w/Ebony board
Neck Finish: Tung Oil
Inlays: MOP offset dots
Electronics: CL/LF set with Piezo

Sora01

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Suprised at how little people have said KxK :(

Another KxK. Or one of those Bowes guitars. Look amazing.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
I would go for Ibanez.

Seeing how awesome the quality of their prestige series, and the more high end guitars is (for example the K-7 i own and totally love)

ras1988

Reaction score
I have two BRJs coming in and a Blackmachine inspired build from Blackwater guitars with a few unique touches that is coming up. That would really only leave 1 thing I would still want, as a headless guitar nut/steinberger fan I would say a 7 string .Strandberg* would be the way to go, the price and waitlist time are making me balk a little bit though. I don't feel like I really need another "me" guitar or the really advanced and forward thinking features that .Strandberg* offers (as cool, innovative, and useful as they are for more talented guitarists) as I am more of a hobbyist.

for the TL;DR: I have a few of my "dream" guitars coming down the pike, I would like the idea of a .Strandberg* but would feel guilty buying one.

GXPO

Reaction score
7 String RAN crusher:

Natural finish - ash with mahogany neck
25.5" scale
Flat D - 18mm (1st) - 20mm (12th)
Ebony board with custom white inlays
BKP aftermath bridge Cold Sweat neck - Coil taps
etc

Bit plain but... yum.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
Some PRS a hollowbody sig w/trem and piezo and the same but 7 string, a modern eagle 1 with braz neck, celtic knot inlays in whitewash satin finish for drop C and for something totally different an ONI 8 string

One can dream!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've always had a thing for ESPs, and now with my LTD coming in the mail I feel like it's solidifying my love for them. Hell I'd probably just have my custom end up as like a quilted maple Horizon NT-7 and passive pickups. Nothing even too fancy, just a slight mod.

')