If you could have any custom, what brand would it be?

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jon66

Contributor
Reaction score
Ernie Ball Music Man JP8.

Blackburst edges on honey colored flamed maple top
8 string JP trem bridge with piezo
Dimarzio d-activator8 bridge & paf8 neck pickups
alder wings & mahogany toneblock
rosewood neck
ebony fretboard with no markers
stainless steel jumbo frets (20" radius)
27" scale
Gold hardware

Too bad that'll never happen. /sigh

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
141 posts and no mention of Tim Diebert (Timtone) or Todd Keehn (TK Instruments)?

Here's what's left of Tim's site: Timtone Custom Guitars Gallery Index

He got out of the custom guitar market and focuses on high-end furniture and custom boat interiors.

Todd Keehn, aka TK Instruments: Home

There's a couple of folks on the board that have one or more of Todd's beauties.

But, answer the OP, one of a 7-String Timetone TS-4 in a Merlot stain would be my answer. With a TK back-up of course. :drool:

Ray

mountainjam

Reaction score
141 post and no mention of Tim Diebert (Timtone) or Todd Keehn (TK Instruments)?

Todd Keehn, aka TK Instruments: Home

There's a couple of folks on the board that have one or more of Todd's beauties.

:cool: :wavey:

Already own my dream guitar, otherwise I absolutely would have mentioned TK

PB273644.jpg

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Jackson
if I could get a 7 string version of my Trans black SL2H-Mah soloist I don't know if I'd ever play anything else.
if I could get two then I'd also grab a KXK 7.

simulclass83

Reaction score
Djent haters aside, a blackmachine.
They are some of the most majestic creatures I have ever seen...

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
LACS, Blackmachine, Vik, Daemoness, Oni, Strandberg... Yup, a typical SS.orger :haha:
Too bad it's not gonna happen for a while...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I made this mockup of an Ibanez a few years ago. While a few details have changed, this is still cosmetically what my dream guitar would look like:

rgsuperquilt.png

If we're talking a practical custom designed exactly to my specs, I would get either a Daemoness or a ViK. If I got a Daemoness, it would be in the style of the mockup pictured above, albeit with some extra details (probably no fret dots, a sweet 12th fret inlay and an OFR w/ piezo).

For pure unicorn "look what I've got that you don't," factor, I would want either an Ibanez LACS or a Blackmachine.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
I've been e-mailing Dave from Equilibrium Guitars back & forth, & trying to design an 8. He offered a prototype Masai Ebony 8, which looks amazing! The idea of Gabon Ebony came up. Due to Cameroon shutting it's doors to wood trade, availability is scarce & price of Masai & Gabon ebony is high.

But working on a 29.5 extra long scale, 8-string, fanned fret, DiMarzio 8's. Ebony body & neck. Overcoat, White body & headstock, ebony neck oiled. Working things out, for maybe later this year.

This would be a dream custom!

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
Definitely something along this route.

f8a.jpg

tumblr_lry5ancsbj1qd06kd.jpg

Yeah, I would get myself in so much freaking trouble to own one of these. I really want to know the direction Doug is going to take Blackmachine in the future. I'd of course buy a killer 'production' model if that ever comes to fruition, but I'd have to keep a piggy bank aside for one of his entirely handmade instruments, new or used. Probably the only make I would spend an absurd amount of coin on.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
If i had to actually spec out a custom ibanez though itd probably be as close to my rga prestiges as possible.

rga
mahogany
probably white unless i got some crazy top wood
6 strings
dimarzios yeah it wouldnt be too fancy but it would be amazing haha

tommychains

That Guy
Reaction score
i'd have to go with a custom shop ibanez 8 string fireman. I'm actually in the process of building it with...get this

Double horns!!!! :lol:

')