If you could have any custom, what brand would it be?

• Thread starter kevdes93
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Artifacts in Motion

Form & Function
Reaction score
A PRS Private Stock Custom 7.
Why?

1.) Craftsmanship
2.) Exclusivity
3.) Rarity
4.) Resell Value

That being said, I don't think I will ever be able to justify the MSRP of those axes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
@Artifacts in Motion

Um, you lose $$$ on private stocks when reselling them, simple as. It'll still be a high value instrument, but you'll be a few grand down.

My Blackmachines are worth more used then I originally paid for them which makes me :lol: (not that they're for sale, I just find the hype funny)

That second one's not a Blackmachine is it? Who made it?

It is, although Doug must have changed his mind over never using EMGs again as it's the newer body shape.

Tordah

Reaction score
Definitely a Parker, something along these lines:

Parker_guitar_custom_2_129.jpg

I apologise greatly for my terrible photoshop skills.

Things of note would include:

Rewound humbucker to BKP Nailbomb specs.
Single coil in neck.
Reverse headstock.
Gearless tuners.
Slightly longer scale length - 26.5"
Koa body and basswood neck.
Satin neck - I really doubt that'll be possible
Graphtech Ghost piezo.
And that new spangly Autotune stuff found in that Parker and Peavey guitar for quick onstage retuning - from standard, to baritone, to open C etc.

I know I've gone a bit crazy, but I waaant it!

guitareben

Reaction score
GG_Set_Neck_01_big.jpg

GG_Set-Neck04_big.jpg

GG_Set-Neck14_big.jpg

And Guthrie's playing skills.

If I had something like that, then a Strandberg or Blackmachine would be mint :D

Dooky

Reaction score
Jackson or ESP.
- 7 string
- Mahogany body
- Maple neck and fretboard
- Thru-Neck
- floyd bridge
- EMG 81-7 & 60-7
- Standard (None-reverse) headstock!
- Red finish with matching headstock

clintsal

Humbub
Reaction score
Vik Duality 8:
26.25-27.5 fan, 9th parallel, Flame Maple fretboard, 24 SS Jumbos, Walnut/Bubinga Neck, Swamp Ash body, Figured Wenge Top, Hipshot style saddles, BKP Aftermath bridge, Qtuner MedZ neck, 550k volume, miniswitch for single/humbucker, EBEADGBE

.strandberg EGS 7:
25.25-26" fan, 5th parallel, Rosewood fretboard, 22 SS Jumbos, Rosewood/Mahogany neck, chambered/hollow Black Limba body, Flamed Maple top, BKP Emeralds, 1M volume, 2 minis for single/humbucker, ADADGBE

Ibanez LACS S7421: 25.5", Rosewood fretboard, Maple/Bubinga neck, 24 SS Jumbos, Mahogany body, Hipshot bridge, BKP Painkiller bridge, BKP Cold Sweat neck, 550k volume, 2 minis for single/humbucker, CGCFADG

BeyondAntares

Reaction score
Currently gassing on this mayones master builders collection: Regius Exotic with Cocobolo top, w/ 11ply neck. If I could get this with a 27" scale, 7 string with BKP's i'd be set for life

catimg2d287dc8dfd45f4c7.jpg

In the meantime - waiting on my Charles Cilia Custom, its as if an RGD and Suhr modern had a baby together with a quilt maple top and alder body, walnut and wenge neck with a macasser ebony fretboard. I speced my jcustoms neck heel and S7420's neck profile for the guitar.

Since it was taking me too long to finalize the design I bough two guitars during the interim, an Iby S5EX1 and S1625FB

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Ibanez LACS:

7-string
Mahogany RGD body
5pc. Maple-Wenge set-neck (sculpted heel like a neck-thru)
27" scale
24 frets
Jumbo SS frets
Ebony board
Offset dot abolone inlays
Bareknuckles (not sure what set though)
5-wat blade switch
1 volume - 500K
Original Edge 7 trem (yes, I know they only made them for a year but hey, we're dreaming, right?)
Gotoh tuners. Schaller style
VERY DEEP flamed maple top w/ matching headstock
Teal/green trans-finish
Gold hardware

Imagine this but with an RGD body, ibanez headstock, 7 string, 24 frets, etc.

hahaha-16.jpg

If that showed up as the whole page, it wasn't supposed to. Photobucket likes to fuck me.

lvsexgtr

7 stringologist
Reaction score
Ibanez lacs for sure!! Reversed head stock emg 707. Iced tea burst like my 2010 Gibson les Paul. Maple fret board. No inlays. 1 vol knob no tone knob. Fret board and body binding. All chrome hardware. Floyd rose!!! 5 piece wizard neck zebra stripes on the back.

Artifacts in Motion

Form & Function
Reaction score
@Artifacts in Motion

Um, you lose $$$ on private stocks when reselling them, simple as. It'll still be a high value instrument, but you'll be a few grand down.

My Blackmachines are worth more used then I originally paid for them which makes me :lol: (not that they're for sale, I just find the hype funny)

With age, I doubt a Seven String Private Stock would drop in value, but I haven't really looked at market prices and statistics.

And damn you for owning one of those. I don't even like to dream about BM axes because of the sever GAS I get.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
With age, I doubt a Seven String Private Stock would drop in value, but I haven't really looked at market prices and statistics.

Unfortunately, the more a guitar is new, the less you'll be getting out of it on the used market.

Why would it's value stay the same, or close to it, if one could still be ordered new?

Custom guitars are like cars, the second it leaves the lot it's value plummets like no other. :lol:

')