If you could have any guitar...

• Thread starter K4RM4
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Remission

Reaction score
21088442-21088443-slarge.jpg

Not only because I'm a huge fanboy, but because I've lusted after a LP Custom since I was 15.

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
There weren't any rules for this thread so if I could have one 6er and one 7 string I'd love a blackmachine of some sort. Granted, I've never played one, but I like guitars that compliment sounds similar to what Misha and Nolly use so I would probably like them.

I'd like a koa/black limba bodied 6 string with a cocobolo neck. For a b7, I'd probably get a light piece of swamp ash for the body and a figured walnut top with a curly maple neck and a ziricote fretboard. I'll never get either of those probably, but I can dream...

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Sorry, accidentally made a double post. Mods, please delete.

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
Either the Jazzmaster that Kurt Cobain played or a black Jagstang with a tortise pickguard, Dimebucker, and a quarter pounder at the neck, with Jmaster trem.

Dayn

Reaction score
An eight-string JEM77.

Actually, last night, I had a dream that I bought a JEM. Only a six-string, though. It was a cross between a JEM7V, a JEM77V, and a JEM77. 'Twas beautiful and played ever so nicely. Then I drove a huge truck with automatic transmission, then I crashed it into a tree because its brakes weren't powerful enough to overcome its engine in 'drive'. :scratch:

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
A custom 7 string Mahogany/Tamo Ash cap in Blue Burst Explorer w/24.75-28.625" (tuned all 5ths EbBbFCGDA) fan with matching headstock, MOP binding (body and headstock), birdseye maple/walnut/lacewood neck dyed blue w/ebony board and MOP inlays, chrome hardware. Some sort of custom electronics for piezo and lace tonebars (chrome with/blue anodized bits).

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
Either an RG2027, mystic dream JP7, or Daron Malakian's custom painted iceman. don't listen to SOAD that much anymore, but i was amazed by that guitar when i was younger. At least i've got the next best thing: one of their bassists picks :lol:

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
A guitar that I am currently bulding with BRJ, which will combine elements for an all arounder. and a Benedetto Manhattan Please!!

manhattan-40thOB-full1.jpg
Drool!!

broj15

Reaction score
either a 7 string kxk or brj built to my specs: mahogany body & neck, 1/4" thick flamed maple cap, ebondy fret board, stainless steel jumbo frets, 27" scale, open gear locking tuners of some kind, black covered bkp aftermaths, hipshot bridge, 2 tone 2 volume.

if were takling basses how about a custom fender jazz bass: 35" scale (moar tension!!!), p/j pickup configuration (seymour duncan bassline quarter pounders are a must), mahogany body, set maple neck, ebony fret board, string through, and jazz bass control set up. And lets keep the finish a natural satin.

Osorio

Reaction score
Custom 8 String, 3 piece work with set neck, 28"-25" fan, Seymour Duncan Blackouts, painted White with abalone binding (like a Schecter Hellraiser C8) but with a smooth body contour (like an Ibanez S - don't even know if this is physically possible, but it would be awesome). Tuned EBEADGBe, strings calibrated at perfect 20lbs tension... Oh, and left handed.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
For a 6er, I'd have to say a Gibson Explorer with a curly maple top in tobacco burst. Gold hardware, creme binding, black 3 ply pick guard, and some covered alnico pups. (Not the E/2 though, a regular explorer)

It'd be a sludge-slinging doom machine.

AwakenNoMore

Wrong Handed
Reaction score
Schecter Avenger neck through body with the thickness profile of an Ibanez Saber. Super light alder or swap ash with curly maple black burst dyed top. Ebony board with stainless jumbo frets. wood mounted pickups etc. etc. i haven't made it yet (i'm not about to pay $5k+ for Schecter to do it)

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score

Augury

f*ckin bow down!
Reaction score
Ibanez GRG170

lol

Actually any high-end Jackson, ESP or Ibanez, or Michael Keene's green Washburn (but only because I'm a The Faceless fag c: ).

')