If you could only pick one metal expansion for EZ Drummer 2

• Thread starter patrick2099
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you could only pick one metal expansion for EZ Drummer 2, which would it be? I see that there is a deal for a free expansion, when purchasing EZ Drummer 2, but am not sure which one to get, for the most versatility. I mostly play blues-based rock, with some punk and metal mixed in. I doubt the stock product comes with many (if any) double-bass work, so I think buying one of the metal packs would be the best. Starting with no other packs, other than default, which of the metal expansions would provide me with the most bang for the buck? Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Metal Machine would be my pick
Thanks. That is what I was learning towards, but also keep hearing things about Nashville being really versatile, for all types of much. Figure I'll get Metal Machine and then Nashville down the road, when I find a sale. Having a lot of these, with similar names, makes picking really difficult!

SteveFireland

Reaction score
I used Metal Machine for the last album I recorded, and for this cover version I just did:

You could get away with virtually any of the metal or rock kits, with a bit of tweaking, but that one just works without much tweaking at all.

S.

Reaction score
I used Metal Machine for the last album I recorded, and for this cover version I just did:

You could get away with virtually any of the metal or rock kits, with a bit of tweaking, but that one just works without much tweaking at all.

S.

That sounds really good! I ended up going with Metal Machine as the free one. I may end up getting a few of the groove packs, when they are on sale, but I should have the drums covered.

Jamey36

Reaction score
For metal,definitely Metal Machine.I added Metal,Made of Metal,and Metal Machine.I much prefer MM for the variety of kits and sounds.Hands down my fave for double bass.

Lokasenna

Reaction score
Another vote for Metal Machine here.

However, IMO the hats and overheads are pretty harsh in the high frequencies. I recommend using the stereo room for as much as you can and then, for example, processing the close hi-hat track to give you a bit of that percussive "tick" on each hit to balance out the washiness of the room sound.

Jano

Reaction score
Metal machine, although is pretty limited if you want to go in deep with the dynamics of hits (ruffs, rolls, flams, etc)

Latest posts

')