If you use Linux/ubuntu and you're bored

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
See if you have the latest kernel!: The Linux Kernel Archives

note that kernel.org only has vanilla kernels...i.e. ones that they release, no fancy patches or security enhancements here! (i.e. hardened)

This program is fun: KernelCheck :: Homepage

basically it checks for you! and lets you compile a new one if you want to! It's totally badass :metal:

If you have no fucking clue what you're doing, it says "hit enter here to use defaults" hit that :lol: otherwise you can go through there, but it pops up a gui configuration later which is the same thing so it doesn't even matter :shrug:

I went through and disabled like 80% of the crap in there :lol: I don't need toshiba laptop utilities on my desktop :lol:

Anyway, this public service announcement has been brought to you by the boredom of Kagami :3

kernel_building.jpg

fun times

oh and if you ever run into an ebil package...you can kill it! (this is for debian based systems)... read at the bottom and follow what it says: Repairing apt-get database - MEPIS Documentation Wiki I had something which was borking up dpkg so I had to annihilate it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I compile my own kernel - every time.

')