I'm a complete newbie to 7 strings, and I'd like some advice if it's not a problem.

• Thread starter x178x
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I can't remember if metalfiend666 was selling his 7421XL. :scratch:
I'm remembering him trying to sell all his worldly posessions for a KxK, but i also remember he just strung it up with bridge cables, so , eh...
Anyway, seriously, go for a 7421. I love my 7420 - its teh sex. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey, Union Grove *I think* has an Ibanez RG7620 or something (unsure of the model, im not big on ibanez model names) but its the pinkish color, has a trem. Id take a look. Just call them to make sure its still there first. (They all were a bunch of assholes to me though, except the fat guy with the rat tail, he was pretty cool)

I think that Dean you're talking about is a Vendetta model, at Starving Musician? I HATE the vibe you get in that store though.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was drawn to 7 strings as well. I had played a Universe in a music store, and loved it. So, when I got enough money, I bought one (two, three).

There are some great suggestions here, but I would have to vote for the rg7620 if you can find one. They're like $400-500 used, and they'll give you some room to grow.

Don't just get something that will meet the need for now. For an extra $100 or so, you can get something that will serve you for a long, long time. I may be an exception to the rule, but I've been playing for 22 years and the 7620 serves me very well.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
No. But seriously, +1x10^C for the 7420, its a criminally underrated bit of kit. If you can't stretch to the 7620 for whatever reason, do not view the 7420 as a cheap substitute. The only difference is the pickups and the trem - which don't really matter anyway ;)

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Man go for a 7620 or more, that will be a nice guitar for starting.

Also if you have some extra money you can buy a KxK super strat.

Or maybe you like more thick necks, take a look to schecter hellraiser or avenger.

x178x

Reaction score
Hey, Union Grove *I think* has an Ibanez RG7620 or something (unsure of the model, im not big on ibanez model names) but its the pinkish color, has a trem. Id take a look. Just call them to make sure its still there first. (They all were a bunch of assholes to me though, except the fat guy with the rat tail, he was pretty cool)

I think that Dean you're talking about is a Vendetta model, at Starving Musician? I HATE the vibe you get in that store though.
Wow, you must be from around here. :O

That's all very accurate information, the people at Union Grove are very mean, and they jack up their prices by a lot.

The Dean IS the Vendetta, I just remembered, and I don't like that vibe as well. XD

By the way, to all of you that gave me advice, thank you so much, but I'm now the proud owner of a black Schecter Gryphon-7, that I will post some pictures of tommarow, once again, thanks to all of you.

Latest posts

')