I'm am now a fan of...

• Thread starter BusinessMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Jared Leto. The dude's a pretty good musician AND a killer actor - check out what he did in Dallas Buyers Club. As soon as I heard about his role in that I became a fan.

I haven't really checked out a lot of his music (and what I have didn't stick with me), but Mr. Nobody is one of my favorite films of all time. He completely slays in that film.

Aside from that, I've always been a fan of Protest The Hero, but recently I feel like I've developed a deeper appreciation for their music and I like them more than ever before.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
I don't usually get in to a lot of hardcore punk stuff, but I think I'm finally starting to get in to Converge after hearing so many good things about them. A friend recommended Axe to Fall a few months ago, and after listening through it I appreciated it for what it was but didn't find myself going back to it at all.

But just a couple days ago I heard the song "All We Love We Leave Behind," which got caught in my head, and now I'm going and listening to that album, as well as Jane Doe and starting to dig it. :metal:

Jane Doe is the crown jewel of the discography

For me I'm going to say The Jesus Lizard and Extol

stevexc

Reaction score
Gorguts. Listened to Obscura the other day after years of hearing their name thrown around but never getting around to it... thought "Hey, this is pretty sweet sounding, actually".

Started listening to Colored Sands today... holy fuck.

3trv5u

tone whore
Reaction score
Whitechapel - s/t
Behemoth - The Satanist
Xibalba - Hasta La Muerte

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
Pomegranate Tiger and Obscura, I already listened quite a bit to Obscura, but most somgs never seemed to stick somehow

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
Inferi. I actually find some surprisingly good bands through Tumblr, and this was one of them.

Those guitar harmonies at the beginning of the album get me every damn time.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
The Who

I always liked what I heard, but never dug deeper. Recently I did and they're great. Eminence Front is bad ass.

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Jeez, that was certainly interesting, and really cool. I loved the use of traditional instruments, and the music video kicked ass as well! Will be checking them out.

EDIT: I just realized that their instrument choice is awesome. Guitarist plays a Suhr, and I'm not sure what the bassist uses, but it looks great with that buckeye burl. Also just read Waggaki Band (their name) translates to "traditional instrument band." :lol:

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
It'd have to be Periphery for me...I tried giving them a chance so many times and something about it just didn't grab me...and then I heard "Icarus Lives". Kind of a strange one to hear LAST from this band, but that did it, and then I've been going through their catalog and getting into em, and definitely consider myself a fan now!

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Ron Jarzombek. Sorry AAL lovers. ;)

#classicSSO

Alberto7

Contributor
Reaction score
Ron Jarzombek. Sorry AAL lovers. ;)

#classicSSO

:rofl: Good times, those. I don't remember if it was, but that should haven been all over the memes thread.

samdaman87

Metal Cholo
Reaction score
To something that is not metal at all....it is just plain weird like my personality

Here you go and dont be afraid to click, trust me it wont hurt

Latest posts

')