I'm getting a PRS Employee Guitar

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
I wish I could get all kinds of custom PS features but I have to go by what is offered on certain models. So no custom electronics, neck swaps, 7 strings, custom woods, stuff like that.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
congrats! that is really fucking cool :Yesway:

one of my fav PRSs is Emil Werstler's private stock modern eagle:

screenshot20100505at720.png

This is one of my favorites thus far. Emil won with that one.

In any case, you should get a Custom 24 with a Rosewood Neck, one piece flame top on a thicker, McCarty-like body, dark purple stain, purple hollow bird inlays, eagle on the headstock, and gold hardware.

Murmel

Reaction score
In any case, you should get a Custom 24 with a Rosewood Neck, one piece flame top on a thicker, McCarty-like body, dark purple stain, purple hollow bird inlays, eagle on the headstock, and gold hardware.

*fapfapfap* :bowdown:

MSalonen

Reaction score
And to answer your question about how one gets a job at PRS. Well I just applied one day and they had an opening in Rough Cut. Rough Cut is where we get the wood in lumber form and cut it down to body blanks, neck blank, and tops, etc. I would also grade maple tops and stack wood for the baking process. I did that for 10 months then there was an opening for the SE Inspector job so I went for that job and got it. Thats where I am now. But if you were to get hired from outside the company you would basically be an entry position like a sander or rough cut in my instance. Then once you're in the company you can move anywhere as long as you are qualified. PRS likes to hire from inside the company unless it's an entry level position.

Thanks for the info!

Do you know anything about positions outside of the actual manual crafting, luthier-type jobs?

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
A Custom 22 with a maple neck? Wow... If I ever saw a Custom 24 with a maple neck and fretboard, I don't even know what I'd do.

Auyard

Reaction score
Out of curiosity what if you didn't want a guitar? Say you already had a custom PRS or something before you worked there. Get a bonus or something?

Also, is that Charlie form It's Always Sunny in your avatar?

sessionswan

ffffffffftt
Reaction score
Actually, to piggyback on MSalonen's question... what about any IT-based jobs there? Do they need geeks at PRS?

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Out of curiosity what if you didn't want a guitar? Say you already had a custom PRS or something before you worked there. Get a bonus or something?

Also, is that Charlie form It's Always Sunny in your avatar?
Well if you didnt want a guitar you might be able to get a PRS amp but I havent heard anything about that. But I know you cant just ask for the money instead. Some people get a guitar then just sell it.

Actually, to piggyback on MSalonen's question... what about any IT-based jobs there? Do they need geeks at PRS?
You would have to call PRS and ask for customer service to get more info about that.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
If I was you. I would get a PRS in a 7 if possible?

EDIT: I read the thread never mind.

')