I'm getting some assault rifles....

• Thread starter nitelightboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you're wondering, yes it is a bad idea for me to have assault rifles:agreed:

My stepdad has an AK47 with all original wood and the original bayonette that he's going to give me and he said he'll buy me an AR-15 next month at the gun show:evil:

I've never felt so delightfully evil....

Guess it's time to be responsible, don't want to have any legal issues with these bad boys, but dear god I'm in heaven. I'll be picking up my first handgun this weekend, a Springfield XD40.

:fawk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
as long as they're only semiautomatic, no they're not.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
ehh, those are killing guns. Unless you're going off to war in a militia... they're useless, and the cost for bullets to blow random shit to pieces isn't worth it.

Hunting, and just shooting targets with a .22 is cool. I haven't done that for a few years, but you'd never use an assault rifle for that, and that's pretty much all guns are used for not related to violence.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ok, NLB has automatic assault rifles. Is anyone else here not going to sleep soundly for the rest of their life?

:lol:

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
David said:
ehh, those are killing guns. Unless you're going off to war in a militia... they're useless, and the cost for bullets to blow random shit to pieces isn't worth it.

Hunting, and just shooting targets with a .22 is cool. I haven't done that for a few years, but you'd never use an assault rifle for that, and that's pretty much all guns are used for not related to violence.

Actually you can get 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 ammo for the AK for less than $100. And the .223 ammo for the AR isn't that much more expensive. I pay more per round for .40 S&W for a handgun than for assault rifle ammo...go figure.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
well, we're not here to discuss the legality of it ;p

NLB - One of the drummers i used to jam with had an AR-15. I got a few pics with it a while back. It'd be fun to have but i cant justify spending the $$ on it when i have guitars to buy ;p

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Metal Ken said:
well, we're not here to discuss the legality of it ;p

NLB - One of the drummers i used to jam with had an AR-15. I got a few pics with it a while back. It'd be fun to have but i cant justify spending the $$ on it when i have guitars to buy ;p

True, the AK47 is for fun at the range, the AR-15 is something that I'm going to train with. I'm trying to become a police officer and I want to eventually be on the SWAT team, which basically requires me to be rather good with the AR.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Samer said:
IMO all guns should be illegal. I dont like guns at all!

Why do people say this?

*fantasy*

Hooray! Guns no longer exist! Now what are we going to kill each other with?

I dunno...blades and sticks and stones I guess. Hooray!

*fantasy*

Congrats, you just got rid of one of the more painless methods of death we have.

Just because you remove guns, does not mean you have removed violence all together.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
David said:

Why can't you use more powerful guns for shooting up targets. Can't handle a bigger gun, you sissy? :flex:

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
the way IE has abbreviated this thread title at my bottom menu bar is "I'm getting some ass..."

God speed.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oogadee Boogadee said:
the way IE has abbreviated this thread title at my bottom menu bar is "I'm getting some ass..."

God speed.
*cries* a LOT

That being said, my friend had an M4A1 at one point but replaced it with an M4A2, cool little machines they are.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:
True, the AK47 is for fun at the range, the AR-15 is something that I'm going to train with. I'm trying to become a police officer and I want to eventually be on the SWAT team, which basically requires me to be rather good with the AR.
in that case... good investment!:yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Shooting shit up rules.

I used to have a friend with one of those original AK's, NLB. Sans the bayonet, but all wood. Nice. Of course, he was a broke bastard, so he rarely had the ammo for it. :lol:

FoxMustang

Reaction score
Guns are neat :) Good luck getting some 7.62x39 for your AK. Seems like no one has any lately (the online retailers at least).

But .40S&W? I'd deem you false, but I guess that's the way to go if you want to be a cop. LE agencies seem to love that cartridge which was designed for women and limp-wristed federal agents ;)

Just FYI for the non-gun folks, there are plenty of semi-auto AK-47's floating around there. I had one for a while. I doubt someone would give away a legal full-auto AK-47, considering they're worth in the area of $7000-$9000 (maybe more now, machine guns appreciate like crazy). Not to mention giving one away to someone without the proper papers is a mandatory 10 years in jail and a $250,000 fine.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
*fantasy*

Hooray! Guns no longer exist! Now what are we going to kill each other with?

I dunno...blades and sticks and stones I guess. Hooray!

*fantasy*
Reminds me of the shirt that one dude in happy gilmore had on..
"Guns dont kill people. I do."

')