I'm going to start making replacement 7 bodies

• Thread starter 7 Strings of Hate
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i can't believe i hadn't seen this thread till now

just throwing it out there but if you make a 7 string mahogany RGD body, with a single pup and ready for a hipshot bridge, i'd buy it off you in a hear beat

now if i could just find an up start ibanez neck builder that'd be sick too

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
also, juuuust so you know! i think the neck heel of a 7x21 is different than a 7x20. reason i say this is because when i had Patrick Sims make me a 7621 body, he used a CNC program that was made for a 7620... the neck pocket was just under 2mm too small for my 7621 neck, which meant i had to sand a little from both sides of the pocket and a little off of the sides of the neck.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
also, juuuust so you know! i think the neck heel of a 7x21 is different than a 7x20. reason i say this is because when i had Patrick Sims make me a 7621 body, he used a CNC program that was made for a 7620... the neck pocket was just under 2mm too small for my 7621 neck, which meant i had to sand a little from both sides of the pocket and a little off of the sides of the neck.

Damn it ibanez, isnt the aanj supposed to be a standard neck joint? then whey the heck did they make it with 2 or 3 variations :lol:

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
How do we know Patrick Sim's CNC was accurate?
Anyway, looking forward to seeing your shit, and maybe hopefully buying a mahogany body off you :D

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
would you consider making me a six string body? I have a cheap rg with a basswood body which i hate and i would love to replace it with a mahogany one.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
also, i just tried putting my rg7620 neck into the pocket of an extra rg7421 body i had lying around, and the pocket on the 7421 was too tight!!! hahaha so whatever, ibanez just fucks around a lot, i suppose!

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
would you consider making me a six string body? I have a cheap rg with a basswood body which i hate and i would love to replace it with a mahogany one.

I you would be willing to send me the body to take measurements from. When i did 6 strings, i did some other brands and never made an ibanez. actually, what model is it, there are actually alot of specs and measurements on the net for 6 stringers

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
also, i just tried putting my rg7620 neck into the pocket of an extra rg7421 body i had lying around, and the pocket on the 7421 was too tight!!! hahaha so whatever, ibanez just fucks around a lot, i suppose!

Yea, thats strange, i guess i'l just have to get a separate one of each to make templates from. Thanks for all the tips and help man!

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I you would be willing to send me the body to take measurements from. When i did 6 strings, i did some other brands and never made an ibanez. actually, what model is it, there are actually alot of specs and measurements on the net for 6 stringers

its a RG2EX1, if you were to make me a body i would just send the Ibby one to you so you could copy it :)

seven_stringer

Reaction score
Did you ever find a source for the wood? I have used The Wood & Shop for bookmatch tops and 1pc solid body stock. However, they recently moved again this time to Thistle Hill Plantation(?) which is just 40 miles north of Wentzville Missouri according to the website. I haven't been there yet because I'm broke and have enough going on right now but they had shop services like resawing, ripping etc. THE WOOD & SHOP Inc Since 1983

The other place I have used was St. Charles Hardwood in Fenton, Mo. They actually moved closer to me than they were before but again I haven't been to their new location since they moved. They don't have any shop services that I'm aware of at least at the location I used before they moved closer. Also, I don't recall them carrying any Quilted, Flamed or Birdseye Maple if your looking to doing any bookmatch top type stuff. St. Charles Hardwoods - Home

I don't work for either of these companies nor do I get any compensation for mentioning them. I would still like to know if you found a source and where they are located for future purchases.

Thanks,

Jeff

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you ever find a source for the wood? I have used The Wood & Shop for bookmatch tops and 1pc solid body stock. However, they recently moved again this time to Thistle Hill Plantation(?) which is just 40 miles north of Wentzville Missouri according to the website. I haven't been there yet because I'm broke and have enough going on right now but they had shop services like resawing, ripping etc. THE WOOD & SHOP Inc Since 1983

The other place I have used was St. Charles Hardwood in Fenton, Mo. They actually moved closer to me than they were before but again I haven't been to their new location since they moved. They don't have any shop services that I'm aware of at least at the location I used before they moved closer. Also, I don't recall them carrying any Quilted, Flamed or Birdseye Maple if your looking to doing any bookmatch top type stuff. St. Charles Hardwoods - Home

I don't work for either of these companies nor do I get any compensation for mentioning them. I would still like to know if you found a source and where they are located for future purchases.

Thanks,

Jeff

thanks for the tips man. i was actually going to go out to st.charles hardwoods probably sometime this weekend, but i havnt heard about the place in wentzville. i'l have to check them out:yesway:

seven_stringer

Reaction score
Your welcome! I hope you have great success in your guitar body business.

The Wood & Shop was located out by the airport for a long time then they had to move because of that eminent domain crap. In other words, some business wanted their property. Anyhow, when they moved much closer right off of 270 & Dorsett Rd. into a bigger building I was quite happy. However, I was worried about their business because I rarely saw any customers there when I was there. Currently they are just too far away for me to stop by to see what they have available these days. If you check them out please let me(us) know what you find out.

Thanks,

Jeff

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
Your welcome! I hope you have great success in your guitar body business.

The Wood & Shop was located out by the airport for a long time then they had to move because of that eminent domain crap. In other words, some business wanted their property. Anyhow, when they moved much closer right off of 270 & Dorsett Rd. into a bigger building I was quite happy. However, I was worried about their business because I rarely saw any customers there when I was there. Currently they are just too far away for me to stop by to see what they have available these days. If you check them out please let me(us) know what you find out.

Thanks,

Jeff

Totally, i'l let ya know what they got. Its still about 40 miles for me, but thats not really to bad at all. and thanks :)

')