I'm guilty

• Thread starter Hellbound
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Okay I know there are not many Limp Bizkit fans out there can't say I'm one of one at all these days either but man in this live version of faith when he does that "GET THE FUK UP!!" part that shit gets me pumped. Anyone else? Come on!!! Admit it !!!:evil:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed, though I'm a big Limp Bizkit fan (I hate Fred Durst as a person, and think he brings a lot of songs down from their potential, but the rest of the band was solid enough to make up for it). The whole "Significant Other" album is really solidly written with some great songs, and still brings back fond memories.

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
they're honestly in my top 10 favorite bands these days. Or at least their prior work. I even love listening to the album they did w/o Wes (though the stuff with him is really where it's at) and I EVEN started to really get into that EP they did. I dunno. I mean i know Durst is a jackass, but I just never got how they developed such a bad rep. Maybe it's because I never had cable growing up and i never saw the media coverage or any of the music videos when they were in their prime.

they really had lot going for them. Shame things went downhill the way they did.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I listen to them occasionally. Durst can get on my nerves but it doesn't make me hate Limp Bizkit or anything. They've put out some good songs.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
Okay bud has now worn off. Can't stand Limp Bizkit and that video sucks. I always believe bud never really burnt brain cells like they say it does but gosh that bud just kinda made me stupid.:scratch:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
The whole "Significant Other" album is really solidly written with some great songs, and still brings back fond memories.

:agreed: But i really prefered the first one.

Their first and last great album imo.

Didn't care much after that...
As far as bashing them... It's sooo easy, sooo overdone, sooo childish.
Same goes with Korn.
Ok, we know you think they suck, thank you. Anything relevant? Next?
It's easy beeing a target when you sell millions of records.
More people know you, more will love, more will hate.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
:agreed:

Their first and last great album imo.

Didn't care much after that...
As far as bashing them... It's sooo easy, sooo overdone, sooo childish.
Same goes with Korn.
Ok, we know you think they suck, thank you. Anything relevant? Next?
It's easy beeing a target when you sell millions of records.
More people know you, more will love, more will hate.

I see your point. It's just that nowadays with all the new music coming out "Dimmu Borgir", "Sikth", just to name a couple it just makes them look so bad today. It's not even comparable. That's what makes it so easy to bash Limp Bizkit without putting much thought into it.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I like Faith and Break Stuff, and thats about it. Although the first 7 string song I ever learned was the Mission Impossible 2 theme song they did :D

I remembered I tuned to drop G for that one and then played with the most face peeling distorted tone ever, through a Pod, at this recital the music school put on. Everyone else was playing the violin and trumpet and piano, and then I was busting out some mega detuned metal. It was totally sweet, the parents looked absolutely horrified. Mine looked almost embarassed :D

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I see your point. It's just that nowadays with all the new music coming out "Dimmu Borgir", "Sikth", just to name a couple it just makes them look so bad today. It's not even comparable. That's what makes it so easy to bash Limp Bizkit without putting much thought into it.

True.
Thing is people often forget to put themselves back into context.
I'm sorry, but when their first album came out and the masses did not know about them, they were THE shit.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
True.
Thing is people often forget to put themselves back into context.
I'm sorry, but when their first album came out and the masses did not know about them, they were THE shit.

Sorry, but I listened to metal in the early 90's, and this doesn't hold true. I'm not gonna go bashing them in the thread, though. :lol:

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, it depends on your taste, don't you think?

In my book, Limp Bizkit was right up there with Deftones and Korn at the forefront of the Numetal scene.

I don't think Bizkit ever qualified as "metal".

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score

In my book, Limp Bizkit was right up there with Deftones and Korn at the forefront of the Numetal scene.

Yeah so true and throughout the years my taste in music has definately changed so it would be unfair for me to say Limp Bizkit sucked simply because their style just doesn't appeal to me.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score

You call Dimmu Borgir new? They've been around since the early nineties...

Actually many of these "extreme metal" bands that have caught on in the states recently have been around in Europe for years....

I'm not in here to bash Bizkit, it's not the place. But! They're not fuckin metal, Wes Borland is not a god and Fred Durst is a bitch...

Sorry! That slipped.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score

Then why give them the Numetal tag at all? I just don't think they were ever considered "the shit" until after Faith became a hit on Mtv and mainstream. I'm from the same state as they are , and never even heard of them before that damn cover song.

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
Then why give them the Numetal tag at all?.

Well, there's "Nu" before... So that changes a lot. It's been labelled as a departure from "classic metal".
Come on, everyone knows they've never been metal.

'm from the same state as they are, and never even heard of them before that damn cover song

That doesn't mean anything imo. A lot of bands get their first succes elsewhere than where they come from.

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
You call Dimmu Borgir new? They've been around since the early nineties...

Actually many of these "extreme metal" bands that have caught on in the states recently have been around in Europe for years....

I'm not in here to bash Bizkit, it's not the place. But! They're not fuckin metal, Wes Borland is not a god and Fred Durst is a bitch...

Sorry! That slipped.

I was referring to "Dimmu Borgir's" newest album since I just started listening to them yeah I know they have been around....seems they are just getting more popular nowadays.

Oh boy look what I went and started.:lol: please everyone don't hate me.lol

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, there's "Nu" before... So that changes a lot.
Come on, everyone knows they've never been metal.

That doesn't mean anything imo. A lot of bands get their first succes elsewhere than where they come from.

Eh, I still would never say they were "the shit" before their hit single. I'd heard about M.Manson before them.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
You're comparing apples and oranges. Dimmu Borgir and Limp Bizkit are different genres of music, and you can't really compare them.

It's all personal tastes. Neither one of them "sucks", you just don't like one as much as the other.

')