I'm in an ACDC mood

• Thread starter David
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Just sittin here, infront of my 2 1/2 wide industrial fan, blasting that, and blasting Thunderstruck, Back In Black, Shoot to Thrill, Hells Bells, For Those About To Rock.:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet! They were one of my favorites growing up, and I will always have a place in my heart for some pull-offs over chords with the thirds on the bottom!

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Back In Black was one of the first cassette tapes I owned along with others like Quiet Riot, Van Halen and Led Zeppelin, etc. I have always liked AC/DC.

My band covers Dirty Deeds and Jailbreak. We've been playing those 2 songs for about 10 years now. :lol: Good stuff. AC/DC rocks. :yesway:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I love em every 3-4 months. Sometimes, it's just nice to listen to a band that you can listen to, and then pick up a guitar, and be playing the song within 5 minutes wihtout looking at a tab.:lol:

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
What a coincidence... My drummer and I just jammed then took a break long enough to listen to The Razors Edge and then went back to jamming.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Rock N' Roll Damnation, Rock N' Roll Singer and It's a Long Way to the Top, 3 of my favorite songs ever. :hbang:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I always covered Back In Black on my acoustic. I can perfectly immitate Brian Johnson (and all the other ACDC singers) and Axl Rose pretty well. I used to hate ACDC and would just immitate the vocals as a joke, commonly telling people I worked with that I was gonna be the next ACDC singer.

I used to be in a band where we covered quite a few ACDC songs.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm completely surprised you like ACDC, David. It seems like it's not fashionable or something amongst some metalheads to like ACDC anymore, but I've always personally loved 'em. Like you said, just good, simple music to sit and rock to. *shrug*

Very cool. :hbang:

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
I'm completely surprised you like ACDC, David. It seems like it's not fashionable or something amongst some metalheads to like ACDC anymore, but I've always personally loved 'em. Like you said, just good, simple music to sit and rock to. *shrug*
Well hey, I love anything music related. A lot of jazz, crazy music, classic rock, blue grass, FUNK, anything.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
How can anyone not like AC/DC? When you look up "hard rock" in the dictionary, there is a picture of AC/DC. Why can't I make three chords sound so good?

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Very cool. :hbang:

I like this attitude in music, the simple approach to song-writing!!! I always thought Rock was about just that - attitude more than technical ability!! I think that is lost these days a bit, but its great to listen to a band and just be able to pick-up and play :shred:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
How can anyone not like AC/DC? When you look up "hard rock" in the dictionary, there is a picture of AC/DC. Why can't I make three chords sound so good?

:agreed:

Back In Black was the first hard rock album I bought, back when I was 12-years old. Still one of the greatest-sounding albums of all time, and not a bad riff or song anywhere to be found. That and Highway To Hell are as good as it gets. I don't care so much for their more recent stuff, only because Brian Johnson's voice has gone way downhill. But then, how could it not? What did he do to sing that way--gargle glass?

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
Back In Black was the first hard rock album I bought, back when I was 12-years old. Still one of the greatest-sounding albums of all time, and not a bad riff or song anywhere to be found. That and Highway To Hell are as good as it gets. I don't care so much for their more recent stuff, only because Brian Johnson's voice has gone way downhill. But then, how could it not? What did he do to sing that way--gargle glass?
:funny: No shit, dude.

I agree completely, absolutely, BTW.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought this was pretty interesting, a couple years ago, I stumbled on www.guitargeek.com and checked out Angus Young's setup. How much more simple can you get? This is how he gets his massive rockin' tone. :yesway:

angus_acdc_2000.gif

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I thought this was pretty interesting, a couple years ago, I stumbled on www.guitargeek.com and checked out Angus Young's setup. How much more simple can you get? This is how he gets his massive rockin' tone. :yesway:
angus_acdc_2000.gif

I never got why he had so many stacks with him all the time while live. I'm gonna guess they're all for show?

The reason I bought my Marshall 10W amp, was because the OD/distortion channel on it, is the signature Marshall tone and I sounded exactly like Angus Young on that sucks. Infact, I still have it, and I think I might go pull it out and play.:yesway:

Latest posts

')