I'm typing this...

• Thread starter Groff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm interesting, right I think your best bet is one of two methods.

madwifi-project.org - Trac

The Madwifi route, there should be a lot of documentation for it out there involving Xandros (Xandros is based upon Debian if that helps you along the way).

The other is

NdisWrapper: The Ultimate Guide - LinuxQuestions.org

NdisWrapper, which will basically use the existing Windows drivers. A lot don't like it because its not a native solution, rather a sort of emulation, and also the process to install it needs to be redone every time a kernel upgrade comes along, which can be quite often, once a month at times.

If you have problems getting either method to work though, shoot me a PM and I'll try and work through the specifics with you :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm interesting, right I think your best bet is one of two methods.

madwifi-project.org - Trac

The Madwifi route, there should be a lot of documentation for it out there involving Xandros (Xandros is based upon Debian if that helps you along the way).

The other is

NdisWrapper: The Ultimate Guide - LinuxQuestions.org

NdisWrapper, which will basically use the existing Windows drivers. A lot don't like it because its not a native solution, rather a sort of emulation, and also the process to install it needs to be redone every time a kernel upgrade comes along, which can be quite often, once a month at times.

If you have problems getting either method to work though, shoot me a PM and I'll try and work through the specifics with you :)

I heard of Ndiswrapper, but I think Madwifi looks like a better solution. I'm a total and complete linux n00b (But I did figure out that ctrl alt T opens the terminal, and that sudo bash makes it so I don't have to type sudo all the time). Other than that, I haven't a damn clue how to work it. :lol:

It's a learning process.

')