I'm typing this...

• Thread starter Groff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
...From my new Eee PC 900!

:woot:

It's going to take a little bit of to get used to this keyboard, especially with my fat fingers, but this thing is pretty slick! It runs really well, surprisingly well for a 900mhz notebook with 512mb of ram, but then again, i'm running the linux version, which is probably a little more light weight than windows. I wish this one came with a webcam, it's an older one. I'd like to find a webcam that's compatible with this version of linux, gotta do some research.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Its called Xandros, never heard of it. I keep trying to run the system update, it gets to 93% then my network goes down and i have to power cycle my modem and router :nuts: It did this 3 times, not sure what's going on.

Does anyone know how to get a Netgear WPN111 usb wireless adapter to work in linux? I found a few topics from google, but i'm confused. This has built in wireless, but I want to take advantage of my routers extra speed and range.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
awesomEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Its called Xandros, never heard of it. I keep trying to run the system update, it gets to 93% then my network goes down and i have to power cycle my modem and router :nuts: It did this 3 times, not sure what's going on.

Does anyone know how to get a Netgear WPN111 usb wireless adapter to work in linux? I found a few topics from google, but i'm confused. This has built in wireless, but I want to take advantage of my routers extra speed and range.

Man if only I knew more about Linux. I'll get into that one of these days. You might be able to find an answer searching the overclockers forums.

Bobby

Reaction score
Im suprised your os didnt detect it. Have you checked to see if that distro supports your chip set?

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet, as it needs drivers, and only windows drivers exist for it.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried plugging it in yet?

Atheros chipsets are usually picked up straight away.

Anyway, is it Xandros with the full front end, or is it just a standard Windows a-like look to it?

Whatever the case, open a terminal (if you find no direct icon for it, do Alt + F2, then type in xterm and click run), and type in lsusb once you have the Wireless plugged in. Copy and paste the output of that in here, and I'll try and work through getting it working, if it doesn't already :)

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried plugging it in yet?

Atheros chipsets are usually picked up straight away.

Anyway, is it Xandros with the full front end, or is it just a standard Windows a-like look to it?

Whatever the case, open a terminal (if you find no direct icon for it, do Alt + F2, then type in xterm and click run), and type in lsusb once you have the Wireless plugged in. Copy and paste the output of that in here, and I'll try and work through getting it working, if it doesn't already :)

Sure thing, i just have to find the little bugger... I haven't used it in years Since I haven't had a laptop in quite a while.

EDIT: The Xandros linux on this laptop is sorta an "easy mode" kinda thing. It's based on tabs with different programs and such. It is possible to enable a start menu or a full desktop. But I haven't been successful in getting either to work. Not that it bothers me, this works quite well.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
type in lsusb once you have the Wireless plugged in. Copy and paste the output of that in here, and I'll try and work through getting it working, if it doesn't already :)

Alrighty, It says

"Bus 005 Device 008: ID 1385:5f01"

Latest posts

')