"I'ma Craft You Some Stars"- Starcraft cover! HD500, S2.0, TERRANS!!!!

• Thread starter Rational Gaze
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raayl

Reaction score
holy shit

one of the best posts ever made on sevenstring

THANK YOU!

revclay

Reaction score
Haha, that was awesome. I really dig those acoustic sort of tones. How did you get those?

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Haha, that was awesome. I really dig those acoustic sort of tones. How did you get those?

Well, I have an acoustic with extremely oxidized strings on it. I haven't had time/money to go and buy a new set, so I just used it. Then I layered my Agile on top of it with a fairly glassy tone, and i played both octave parts separately as to give it that 12-string effect. Just a ton of layering work. Still not positive I got the result I wanted, but I wanted to match the sampled guitar in the original song. Thanks for checkin' it out :)

Vanzeplica

Reaction score
Wow! :hbang: I actually thought I had left SCII open and tried to close it when i opened the soundcloud XD

revclay

Reaction score
Well, I have an acoustic with extremely oxidized strings on it. I haven't had time/money to go and buy a new set, so I just used it. Then I layered my Agile on top of it with a fairly glassy tone, and i played both octave parts separately as to give it that 12-string effect. Just a ton of layering work. Still not positive I got the result I wanted, but I wanted to match the sampled guitar in the original song. Thanks for checkin' it out :)

Ahh, cool cool. I thought it was either a piezo sound or that you layered an acoustic track with some electric mixed in there. Looks like it was the latter. Either way, you matched the original tone really well. :yesway:

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Wow, excellent job man, bravo!

As an aside: Starcraft 1 brings back so many memories. Back in the day, a bunch of friends around the neighbourhood and I would go walk up to the local community centre in the summer vacation, where there is a computer access program. It's basically a room in the basement with 8 pcs and 1 mac and we would spend so much time there LAN'ing it up. The guy working there played with us too haha.

Don't worry, we got a lot of fresh air too! :)

bigswifty

Reaction score
Beat me to it! Something like this was on my plate for the near future.. maybe I will have to do Zerg now :metal:

SC1 Music FTW

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Means a lot. I love the soundtrack to the original game, might have to do some more :) We should do a SS.org compilation :)

')