Importing Bareknuckle pickups into to the USA

GWD

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone in the USA purchased any BK pickups? I would like to know if there are fees, duties and taxes applicable to importing these pickups into the US. Thanks in advance everyone.

GWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
I guess Ill find out soon. Im also concerned that Ill need to pay import duties on my blackmachine and that could get VERY expensive. Almost to the point that it could be 30% of the value.

Jongpil Yun

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know about fees or duties or anything, but the current exchange rate for the dollar:pound is killer.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess Ill find out soon. Im also concerned that Ill need to pay import duties on my blackmachine and that could get VERY expensive. Almost to the point that it could be 30% of the value.

? Have they raised that? When I bought my RG8670 and had it brought in from Japan the import duty was roughly 8% or 9%.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Send Tim an email. I'm pretty sure his prices include shipping (and whatever fees are associated with it) in the cost of his pickups. I bought some from him last year and I don't recall having to deal with any type of customs bullshit, so you should be good! :metal: Customs, FTL! :noway:

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
? Have they raised that? When I bought my RG8670 and had it brought in from Japan the import duty was roughly 8% or 9%.

I actually heard a little while ago that there would be no fees. I hope it just comes to my doorstep as expected.

jtm45

Reaction score
Send Tim an email. I'm pretty sure his prices include shipping (and whatever fees are associated with it) in the cost of his pickups. I bought some from him last year and I don't recall having to deal with any type of customs bullshit, so you should be good! :metal: Customs, FTL! :noway:

Nobody includes shipping and pays any duty or tax for you as well.That's crazy talk:lol:
If something does include shipping it'll say so in large print,but nobody is gonna' pay your duty and shit for you.
Nah,you definitely have to pay for shipping on BKP's,even in the UK,but it's not a great deal.I think i paid like £3 for shipping on a pair of BKP's in the UK but it'll obviously be a bit more to the U.S..
Not shure about duty and stuff in the U.S. though. You have to pay heavily bringing stuff into the UK from abroad (that's like nearly 30% by the time you've paid Tax,Duty and the shippers 'handling fee'.What the fuck is a 'handling fee' when you're already paying them to fucking ship it! Bastards!!!).
I don't think you'll have to pay anything like that in the U.S. but that's just from what i've heard.I don't think they hit you for import Tax like they do in the UK.
I think it varies from State to State in the U.S. too.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
No, the PRICE he gives on the website has a calculator (or at least he used to, not sure if I saw it last time I looked) that includes the shipping cost for your pickups. I can only assume that money also takes care of customs, as I didn't receive anything else with them saying I had to pay for customs fees. I didn't mean he paid for it himself. Sorry, I guess I was unclear, my bad! :wavey: If I'm not mistaken, I want to say it was like either $12 or $20 at most for shipping, but when you're talking about $300 sets of pickups from the UK it's not really a huge issue IMHO. They're quality, well-worth it! :yesway:

GWD

Contributor
Reaction score
I e-mailed Tim about the concern and hope he has an answer for us. I will let everyone know if I find out anything.

kanamvar32

Reaction score
there is the pickup cost
shipping cost
and foreign exchange rate if you use a credit card (call and find out what it is, likely 3%)

GWD

Contributor
Reaction score
To Tim's knowledges there will be know customs related fees associated with bringing the pickups into the USA. On transactions over $800 tha tis a different story. The US dealers for BK seldom if not never carry 7 string pickups in stock.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
So I wont have to pay duties on my Bareknuckles but I will have to pay them for my Blackmachine. shit.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I wont have to pay duties on my Bareknuckles but I will have to pay them for my Blackmachine. shit.

Given the exchange rate the import duty should be the least of your worries. Like I said on my import from Japan it was around 9%. Just be prepared, as on my import it was a COD thing when they dropped it, ie no payment of duty = no delivery that day.

You can look it up here:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/duty_rates/

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Given the exchange rate the import duty should be the least of your worries. Like I said on my import from Japan it was around 9%. Just be prepared, as on my import it was a COD thing when they dropped it, ie no payment of duty = no delivery that day.

You can look it up here:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/import/duty_rates/

I already have to cost of the guitar covered. Thats not an issue. Its the added $300 thats pissing me off.

That website is also extremely confusing. One column will say 8.7%, while the other will say 37% with no explanation about the difference in columns. The "explanatory documents" are also about 200 pages long so no quick answer there.

')