Impulse recording samples: Wittle it down

• Thread starter Nostrildamus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nostrildamus

Reaction score
I DL'd a butt load of impulses this morning as the recording I have been doing as of late with my XT sounds good, but not good enough. The moment I started fiddling with the impulses I was impressed but simultaneously overwhemlmed.

Does anyone have any favourites and if so, do you have recorded samples of them?

I'd really like some help wittling down the choices to a few "go to" impulses that I can start with and work outwards from. Thus far I'm not sure as to whether or not I should just start with some on-axis stuff and then blend in some off-axis stuff later on in third and fourth tracks.

Give a brother a hand!:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I use a Recabinet impulse the most. He calls it the Ghandi 4x12, EL34 power section, SM57 0.5" away from the speaker grill aimed at the cap of the speaker. So its a Mesa Oversize 4x12 with vintage 30s, and a Randall EL34 power amp. I don't use it with a Pod though.. these clips all use that impulse with my Invader
SoundClick artist: temps - now presenting a groove in the key of Z minor

This one I think I used a recabinet Marshall impulse instead

Reaction score
I haven't downloaded a whole lot of impulses yet. (Also my recording software is freaking out, so I can't mess with it at the moment) but I Really like using a Matchless 2x12 Left, and Diezel 4x12 Right. SoundClick artist: Chris Stoffel - page with MP3 music downloads the first song Dead By Dawn(Impulse) first song i've ever recorded with impulses. Thats got the Matchless L, Diezel R going on too.

Nostrildamus

Reaction score
Found it. Thanks so much I'll give 'er a shot and post it if it turns out sounding decent.

For those who are also interested, the patch is found in the ReCabinet Demo Pack and is called:

EL34 57 cap grill.wav

Great samples, btw.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Guitar Hack and Recabinet are pretty much the popular choices.

')