Impulses To The People! I made impulses for YOU! Download and samples inside!

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
edit: massive "bug" fix: cut down all impulses to correct lengths. They all had a short delay, making it feel like there was latency when playing. They no longer do! Also, i added a "flat" impulse of my kitchen, just for fun.

Alright, so either Soundcloud is gay or ss.org is, but the embedded player isn't working or anything, so here's the linkylink:

Rivera K212/v30 impulses! by MF_Kitten on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Those are the samples of the different positions i recorded, and here's the download link to the impulses:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3782113/MF_Kitten_Rivera_K212_Impulses_V2.zip

Keep in mind these are kinda unconventional impulses, in that i used a condenser mic (off-brand cheap one that sounds awesome for some reason), and i did these in the least scientific way ever.

Aside from the typical positions, i did a stereo impulse of the guitar cab. i roughly placed the mic at a distance that matched the distance between the middles of the speakers, and i put it in the middle. i then angled it to the right/left for each pass, so it pointed to the cap edge on the right side of the right speaker, and the cap edge on the left side of the left speaker.

then i made one where i just put the mic outside the door of my room, pointing out into the next room, which is the kitchen. The doors to the bathroom and hallway and everything were open from there on too, so i got a nice reverb out of it. i just roughly angled these left and right.

So there you go, try these out and see what you end up with! they are 48.000 khz @ 24 bits, btw, so remember to set your DAW settings to that.

edit: also, spread these around if you want to, as long as people know i made them or whatever :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
not bad, sounds alot like my god's cab 44.1 sm7b TS impulse in my peaver revalver, which is DEFINATELY a good thing

still having issues loading revalver as a vst in reaper. so you won't be hearing any clips from me anytime soon lol

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
I would go look for a free devonvolver plugin to use in that case. Get the simplest most basic one you can find!

Drew, what would you use the kitchen one for? :p

The guys at the Andy Sneap forum were talking about KitchenCore right away :p

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
It's surprisingly useful for that Gojira-ish room sound when you blend it in just a teeny bit.

sh4z

Reaction score
Noice Thx MF_kitten! :D
need dropbox link updated or something 404 file not found XD
nvm all good! :D

')