In ear monitor advice

• Thread starter Soulthief
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soulthief

Toch maar vertalen?
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for an upgrade for my shure se215.
I have fallen into a rabbit hole of the In Ear monitoring world and looking for some advise.
I am currently vocalist of a metal band. Mostly grunt/screams and a little bit clean vocals.

So far I have the following products I found interesting.
Mackie MP-360

Westone audio X30 pro

InEar Stagediver 2

If anyone has any experience with one or more of these I would love to hear what your thoughts are or, maybe some alternative which might be better suited for my situation.

Thanks!

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
For doing vocals I would go for something with a custom fit. I just play guitar, but I have had zero problems with the KZ ZS10 Pro earbuds that are ~$50 no Amazon. I bought them with some comply memory foam tips and and extra cable and I haven't needed the extra cable after 3 years or so. I think if I was doing vocals I'd probably suck it up and get some nice custom molds from Ultimate Ears or similar.

Reaction score
I have used the 215's for a few years and I dislike them, but they seem pretty well built. Prior I used some amazon brand that sounded excellent but just weren't well made. I sing and play guitar. I have my voice in the ears at rehearsal but not live just cause it's easier to deal with and I can hear/feel what's going on. Screamers do tend to have issues with the mechanisms involved tend to make it hard to hear and scream. Westone seems to be the wave from my research if you really are wanting a move. I have a bunch of replacement westone tips cause the shure ones didnt fit my ears. Totally changed the comfort level.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the KZ ZS 10 Pro (Pro X in my case) got mine for 38 usd plus shipping. Better than my old 215 and 425s for the price :yesway:

Just make sure you change the tips for foam ones as the isolation isn't very good without them.

Gtan7

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
IEMs are the hardest product to buy, the fit can change the frequency response, isolation a lot. I probably had 20+ pairs i tried and mostly resold or returned. Westone's are good and stands behind product, repairs are reasonable for the life of them, which is different from my Shure experience, Ultimate ears are good to but they have different sound tube diameters (that the triple or foam flange fits on), which changes the sound and fit a lot. Go to head-fi.org, there's credible reviews (sweetwater's too) but make sure you can get a no-restocking fee refund if you need to, whatever you try