In Flames is Pop??? them's fightin words!

• Thread starter Jysan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    in flames
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to get more of their stuff, if the older albums are actually better; I really thought Come Clarity was great because of the melodies and songwriting.
Of course I like KSE too, and I know they're not exactly universally loved either :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Labrie

King of the Swing
Reaction score
I'd have to say RtR and Colony are my favourite albums for sure, although I can listen to any of them all the way through. I'm probably one of the few who really enjoyed STYE. While less technical than other albums, I thought melodies, keyboards and other effects were just awesome. My Sweet Shadow is probably one of my all around favourite In Flames songs. I'm really looking forward to their new album!

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I'm probably one of the few who really enjoyed STYE. While less technical than other albums, I thought melodies, keyboards and other effects were just awesome. My Sweet Shadow is probably one of my all around favourite In Flames songs.

STYE might even make my top 3 of theirs, unfortunately I can't stand Come Clarity. When STYE came out, it was absolutely SLAMMED by the press. It actually kept me from buying it for a while, until I actually heard the tunes on the DVD. Lesson learned, never listen to anybody. Ever :lol:

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
STYE might even make my top 3 of theirs, unfortunately I can't stand Come Clarity. When STYE came out, it was absolutely SLAMMED by the press. It actually kept me from buying it for a while, until I actually heard the tunes on the DVD. Lesson learned, never listen to anybody. Ever :lol:

Actually, all said and done, 'Soundtrack' is my favorite I.F. album. The album has a wonderful flow to it, and the industrial/electronic undertones and the slightly unconventional (and great) production just puts it on top for me. It's just more dynamic than a clearcut package of 12 or 13 stand alone songs, all with similar tempos and structures.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The older albums don´t do much for me, I listen to them but I don´t really like the vocals.

Clayman is the album that got me hooked to ´em, maybe that´s why I like it more than the older ones. Pinbal Map rules.

Actually I got into IF at Clayman too. But I took the other end of the spectrum and liked their older stuff more than the newer stuff. I was not impressed with RtR STYE and CC as I was with Whoracle and and Colony. Granted I'll give you that the vocals are 'harsh' and to be honest, IF was the first band that I actually 'listened' to with those kind of vocals, because the music and the guitar work was IMO Phenominal! So I 'tolerated' the vocals. I still 'tolerate' those kinda vocals to this day... but at least now that I've listened to that kinda singing so much, I can easily understand stuff I never would have understood before.

')