In Flames - Zombie Inc. (full cover) - any thoughts/opinions on how to improve this?

Oske7

Reaction score
Aside from the sketchy mastering (I kinda half-assed it for this since the mix is still a work in progress), is there anything that stands out to you guys as something that needs work? Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Zombie Inc. cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Add just a touch of distortion to the vocals to thicken them up and smooth over the rough patches. Sounds great!

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
dat nostalgia

I think the mix is good, but I think the guitar/bass tone had too much mids in them. You can hear that 'clunk' which I don't find appealing in a tone imo.

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
Oof. Love this song, always have. As a complete idiot when it comes to mixing, the only thing that really stands out is that the drums seem to lack any low-end punch. That area is just totally filled by the bass, which means (especially during the verses) it tends to punch a little bit whereas the drums all sound like cymbals. Maybe I'm an idiot, I don't know.

In my opinion, the clean(ish) guitars are a massive part of this song. Your mix seems to lack the hollow/"tubey" sound that Bjorn manages to get with his guitars, maybe this is down to tone or suchlike (again, could be me being an idiot).

Hope those observations help. :D Great mix though. Fantastic playing as well.

')