In the market for a 7.

• Thread starter Tim C
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tim C

Reaction score
Well how do everyone.....

New member and first post. I've been reading the forums for some time, and I'm finally in the market for a seven string after playing several in the past year. My curiosity has been drawn to KXK. I'm a HUGE Nile fan, and I found KXK through they're website. I'm especially drawn to the new Strat style 7 with the 4+3 headstock. I would get a neck pickup, and satin neck. My budget is around $2200. Although I see posts here where I may have missed the discount boat for KXK, and gotten in under that. I'm wondering how these compare with the higher end 7's that you can find at a guitar store. Any other 7's you would recommend in that range would be awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
From what I've read, a KXK far surpasses any guitar you would find in a guitar store, unless it's handmade, even then it still rivals the best makers out there...
so I've heard :D

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
The vast majority of what you find in the local guitar shops we'll be inferior to the KXK guitars. KXK is a small custom builder that takes a lot of pride in attention to detail. A small builder that works with the customer will almost always build a better guitar than a mass produced guitar unless the builder is incompotent or lazy. KXK has a good reputation though so don't sweat ordering a guitar through them. If I could afford it I'd buy one or two myself. The people that have played them say only other custom shop guitars really measure up.

Soon noodles, a KXK endorser, will reply and point out my mistakes. :lol:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'm especially drawn to the new Strat style 7 with the 4+3 headstock. I would get a neck pickup, and satin neck.

Funnily enough, that's what I'm getting on mine.

Noodles is an endorsee with a very nice white V. His bandmate Eaeolian has a Jackson Custom Shop Soloist and recons the KXK's are within spitting distance of it, so I'd say that's a good reccomendation. I'm sure Noodles or V for Vendetta will chime in soon with their thoughts on the KXK V's they own.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Being the aforementioned Eaeolian, yeah, they're damn good guitars. I was seriously impressed by the superstrat prototype, especially the quality of the fretwork. The only thing you'll find in a store that's in the same range in terms of quality is a Petrucci 7.

')