Incoming Bernie Rico Jr Jekyll 727!

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
Carvins are 25.5", 24-fret guitars, so I really have no idea what kind of system they use. BRJ 727 definately means 27 frets though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
Cool Thanks for the Rico education of numbers after model names.... I seriously thought it was common for (number of strings/scale length)
:)

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
I love that blue. The top is matched very well. Not a fan of pup rings though. Still a very excellent guitar dude. I think you should take a picture of all the guitars you currently have so we can all envy you.

Fred

Reaction score
Nolly with a Floyd? What's the world coming to! Or have you gone for a blocked trem for extra tuning stability? Anyway, looks excellent as expected, and you may add another of your guitars to the list of instruments I want to play, haha.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Thanks chaps!
The guitar has not been set up yet, hence the saddles being flat.
I should point out I adopted this guitar after the guy that ordered it bailed half way through the build. He specced the 6+1 'stock and EMG routes (hence the pickup rings), which may not have been my choices had I started from scratch, but they are pretty much inconsequential compared with the rest of the guitar IMO.

Yes, the 27 in 727 refers to the number of frets.
The Floyd is for tuning stability - it has a tremel-no attached so I'll be mainly keeping it fixed.

Beardyman

Beardaholic.
Reaction score
Congrats Nolly! Great looking fiddle, love that top, and overall "simple, but not too simple look" :fawk:
Yes, the 727 is 27 frets, and this guitar has the 26 3/16" scale if i'm not mistaken.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
That thing is sweet.
Can't wait to hear some clips as well.

6+1 headstock... weird,
my schecter 7 is like that.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Cheers dudes!
Yes, sorry I ought to have mentioned, the scale length is good ol' 25.5"

yacker

Reaction score
That looks sick bitching. Lots of Ricos popping up lately. Mine is in the final wiring stages....can't wait. Give us a review when you get it.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
Are B.R.Js completely customizable instruments? like get what ever you want kind of instrument? i havent really heard to much about them

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
BJR is a full custom shop
Bernie will make you basically anything you want as long as it's not a copy of another brand of guitar (no clones)

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Awesome. A nice deep blue to counterbalance your pink Daemoness. :yesway:

I love all of your guitars haha.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
lovely! have you played a guitar with this BKP riff raff before? if not, do you know what its qualities are?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Really nice. I just don't get why so many people think Ricos are ugly or too extreme. How could you not like that body and finish?

')