Incoming Bernie Rico Jr Jekyll 727!

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FLGearnut

Reaction score
Really nice. I just don't get why so many people think Ricos are ugly or too extreme. How could you not like that body and finish?

This.

The Jekyll body shape really isnt that far off from the shape of an Ibanez RG-style guitar. The only aspect i can see somebody liking or disliking are the headstock shapes. But I happen to love my reversed jekyll headstock.:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Cheers for the lovely comments chaps! It ships today, hopefully it won't take too long to arrive!

lovely! have you played a guitar with this BKP riff raff before? if not, do you know what its qualities are?

Sure, the Riff-Raff is essentially a PAF wind with an Alnico V magnet (instead of AIV), so it's got a very classic sound but with more bite and definition. It's not a hot pickup, so you need to work alot harder to get the best out of it, but if you can work with it you reap the benefit of the awesome dynamics, openness and clarity.
It's one of Tim's personal favourite neck pickups - he often has it in the neck position of his Les Pauls, matched up with bridge pickups as hot as the Miracle Man.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Really nice. I just don't get why so many people think Ricos are ugly or too extreme. How could you not like that body and finish?

I don't either. some of Bernies earlier Headstocks were ....uh questionable
but I think what he's putting out now looks great. he does have some over the top body shapes but he also has more maintream shapes as well.
go on his sight adn look at the "Phat Daddy" for instance
Plus Bernie will do what he did for me , for anyone, that is reshape horns Headstock etc so it's more to your liking.
He is a custom shop after all:hbang:

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
I usually don't post in ngd threads, no real reason, but this is too beautiful. amazing guitar, you sir are a lucky man :yesway:

')