Incoming Rico Jr Jekyll 727!! (AWESOME content!)

• Thread starter -Nolly-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bernie just sent me through a few pics of my Jekyll 727 that's nearly ready to go, check it out!

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

It's a guitar that had been built up for stock so it has EMG routes. However, we're going to give those passive to EMG housing covers a go so I can get my beloved BKPs in there. If that doesn't work, we'll go with pickup rings.

Anyway, this thing is going to be absolutely badass, I can't wait to get my hands on it!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love the color :yesway:

I almost ordered one of the spalted bolt-ons but something else grabbed me at the last minute. Sooner or later I will own a BRJ.

Corwin

Reaction score
Oh man... I am trying to save some money!!
stop getting these and give me all of them :(

someday...when I have some money.......

Awesome guitar man. I can't wait to get one for myself.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Man... that blue finish looks killer, post more pics upon completion?

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Smoking!!!

blue quilts rock!
any idea when you're getting it?

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
There will definitely be more pictures and a video or two when it arrives! I sent the pickups to Bernie just earlier today, so once he has them it should be pretty much ready to go.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
It's getting a pair of prototypes:
Bridge is the "Aftermath". It's been widely spoken about on the BKP forum by now, supposedly has the tightness of the Painkiller but without the harsh upper midrange and top end.
Neck is loosely based on a "T-top" PAF style pickup. Not sure on the specifics, but Tim recommended it as the most detailed, defined and responsive neck pickup he has played. Should be fun!

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Beautiful dude...as with many dudes on here I long to own a BRJ.... and that neck pickup sounds EXACTLY right for my purposes. I better get savin' mah pennies :)

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
It's getting a pair of prototypes:
Bridge is the "Aftermath". It's been widely spoken about on the BKP forum by now, supposedly has the tightness of the Painkiller but without the harsh upper midrange and top end.
Neck is loosely based on a "T-top" PAF style pickup. Not sure on the specifics, but Tim recommended it as the most detailed, defined and responsive neck pickup he has played. Should be fun!

That sounds really interesting, man. I've always been curious regarding the "non-production" Bare Knuckle pickups. Surely to god they'll have burnt-chrome covers. This guitar is just pleading for them. :lol:

EDIT: I just read the thread, and realised that you're going to use the EMG-style soapbar covers. I fail. :erk:

Color me jealous :lol:

:agreed:

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
Pure win dude.

Btw are these two prototypes going to be officially released soon?

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
That looks awesome. I didn't see the 7th tuner hole at first.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Nice man! I've got an 828 on order with the same woods and a red stained top. I decided tentatively on a natural side and back finish with the the edge of the top being unfinished, like a binding. Is that what you've got going? And pics of the sides?

Latest posts

')