Increadably fustraiting Cubase 5 problem

Tom MAF

Reaction score
:wallbash: (<That is me!)

Ok I'll try to keep this reasonably short.

Basically I'm using Cubase 5, I've made a recording for my band using about 6 guitars, midi bass (Halion LOL) cos we don't have a bassist yet and drums (Superior 2.0).
What happens is that when I export it as mp3 (The other formats seem to work fine, but they are not what I want) format about half way though the song the midi just cuts out. It's not like the volume on the track goes (you can still hear the drums ring) it's as if the midi notes disappear leaving me with only my recorded guitars left.
I have done quite a few slightly shorter recordings and it has worked fine and it's done this to me in the past before once but now it's persisting.
I would love all the help I can get and feel free to ask more in depth questions.
Thank you ever so much! Tom

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cuda

Macross Music Maniac
Reaction score
Export it to wav or something then convert it to mp3?

That or check your midi events. There may be some weird event you are overlooking or something.

zephyrkillz

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me, the problem was as cubase was exporting the file, I would minimize cubase and go on the internet or something. When I would just let it sit and load, all the midi tracks would be present. Hope that helps.

ryzorzen

shake and bake!
Reaction score
That's pretty bizarre! I've been getting a lot of phantom problems during export on Cubase 5, and the only remedy seems to be restarting until it wants to cooperate. All I could suggest is making sure you check off Real-time export, and try restarting.

Tom MAF

Reaction score
Yeh hopefully cubase'll sort out the problem before I rage too much :L

')