Infos about Jackson 2016 Line up?

• Thread starter starkill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been so tempted to get a quote for a Death Warrior and seeing pics stokes that fire again. Maybe if things go right next year I will put one on order. Heck, I will have at least two years before I have to pay for it.

Did you catch my post where they quoted me $6000 for a seven string version? No special top woods or anything. That's why I was so stunned as my custom 7-string Kelly has a spalted maple top and headstock and was a good amount less. That shape isn't part of the Custom Select so it will require masterbuilt, so be prepared for a price around the 6k range. God iI wish I could get one lol.

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Aso

Single Hum Zealot
Reaction score
Did you catch my post where they quoted me $6000 for a seven string version? No special top woods or anything. That's why I was so stunned as my custom 7-string Kelly has a spalted maple top and headstock and was a good amount less. That shape isn't part of the Custom Select so it will require masterbuilt, so be prepared for a price around the 6k range. God iI wish I could get one lol.

Rev.

Yes I know it will have to be a masterbuilt and the 7 string upgrade adds about 1k to the price. Being masterbuilt is one reason I haven't inquired yet but if things keep going well at the job I am going to inquire and possibly put a deposit down if it comes out around 5.5k. I ordered two custom selects this year and have spent way to much time calculating costs and dreaming over the Jackson custom shop cost list.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I think I like the Death Warrior a tiny bit more, honestly.

Which one is which?

I like the natural flame top one.

EDIT: Googled it, I guess the one I like is the Death Kelly and the airbrushed black one is the Warrior? One thing's for certain, the Death Angel is the ugly sister. Looks like one of the other two with some serious birth defects.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
That's a Death Angel. :yesway:

Some broderick models , affordable but that look a bit more like his US model. Like figured top, would be cool.
We'll also have the new marty firedman models, hope they'll be good ;)

Is that for real? Are the Broderick models going to have a compound radius this time? In the affordable range I mean. I know his USA model had a 12 - 17" board or something like that.

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
You guys are making my have to throw on some Death Angel. But the Death Angel Jackson is ugly. The sg horn ruins it.

Rich5150

Reaction score
That's a Death Angel. :yesway:

Is that for real? Are the Broderick models going to have a compound radius this time? In the affordable range I mean. I know his USA model had a 12 - 17" board or something like that.

I have 2 USA Broderick's, They never had a Compound Radius they are all a straight 12". That is what her prefers.

ovlott

Reaction score
I don't know about y'all, but I would love a guitar with the three mini toggle setup and 3 pickups. More pickup combos than are possible with other toggle switches

Man I used to have a 1991 Jackson CS Hss Soloist with the three mini toggles...

It was fun and did lead to a lot of interesting sounds for recording, but I personally could never see myself using it live just for practicality. But boy do I miss that thing :lol:

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
On the $1000 model a straight 12" radius is listed in the specs. But everywhere I've seen the one I posted it says 12 - 17". Might be a typo, but I don't see why it wouldn't have been corrected by now.

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
On the $1000 model a straight 12" radius is listed in the specs. But everywhere I've seen the one I posted it says 12 - 17". Might be a typo, but I don't see why it wouldn't have been corrected by now.

The link I gave was the specs for the USA model, straight from Jackson's website.

Sweetwater just may have it wrong. Jackson's website said 12" (both in the specs and in the overview) and so does Broderick himself in the video.

GC says 12" too: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson/Jackson-Chris-Broderick-Soloist-electric-guitar.gc

Rich5150

Reaction score

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm just curious ab the discrepancy. Let's not get all butt hurt ab it.

Rich5150

Reaction score
I'm just curious ab the discrepancy. Let's not get all butt hurt ab it.

Trust me theres no butthurt at all. Websites get specs wrong all the time. As i said i own 2 of them and have set them up myself i know the specs.

starkill

Reaction score
That's so rude from Jackson. I watched my email account today. An Newsletter Mail from Jackson.
I thought, yeaaaah the new models, or at least a preview.
No, just a new year wish. :D

awesomeaustin

hates neck pickups.
Contributor
Reaction score
Trust me theres no butthurt at all. Websites get specs wrong all the time. As i said i own 2 of them and have set them up myself i know the specs.

This is the correct answer. They are definitely 12" across the board. To my knowledge, no spec regarding the fretboard was changed between the USA and import except, and all specs should be the same going into 2016.

manu80

Reaction score
something I'm really expecting, but I guess it's gonna be an expensive version (but you never know, the Anthrax Flag SL that was released is an affordable version) is the Jackson KV with the flying V look. This one is really growing on me.
Maybe some Beaulieu V's in 7 but import? the import 6 was released this year a bit secretly...

')