Injury

• Thread starter smorgasboredom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, in short currently suffering from a left hand injury and been told not to play for a minimum of 2 weeks. As I'm studying music at college and working towards it as a career 2 weeks off is just not an option so can you guys recommend stuff to work on in the mean time? no guitar playing or stuff using my left hand at all please as i dont want to risk serious damage. obviously theres theory and ear training but anyone got any other suggestions maybe even possible instruments i could get the basics of in a month or 2 that only require one hand? any help at all is much appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TeeWX

All The Br00tz
Reaction score
Use something like a sock or hairband to deaden the strings on the first fret and...

Practice tapping with your right hand, play using right hand legato, etc.

That's pretty much what I would do. Most people who injure one hand/arm/shoulder do nothing, so if you're doing anything.. props to you :)

Good luck with the healing process!

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Compose. I assume your college/university has software you can use to sequence music so expand your creative mind.

Aion

Reaction score
You can also work on increasing your right hand picking speed. A lot of guitarists focus mostly on their left hand, but working on your picking is hugely important for making sure that when you play fast it comes out clean.

jay_katana

Reaction score
You can take some music production lessons by then, or learn how to use advanced recording software, that will inspire you when you're good to go))

')