Inlay replacement - worth it?

• Thread starter ibzrg1570
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
I've started buying parts for UV-ing up my 7321. The only part I'm unsure about is the inlays. Is there a way to switch out the dots without doing a refret? If so, how much can I expect to pay for it? If it's anything over $100 I think I'll just live with non-matching inlays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
it'll definitely be over $100 to get them all replaced... at least from what i've seen.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
Is it easy enough to do by myself or is it best to have a professional do it? I'm pretty cheap but I don't want to fuck up my guitar.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
think about it a bit. there's a LOT of very small cutting to do. one slip, and you've messed it up.

of course, i love do-it-your-self stuff. if you want, grab a piece of scrap wood, and have at it.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean with the whole risk part of it. I guess I'll just leave it. Probably cheaper just to buy a green marker and color them in!:lol:

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, coloring them in is both an easier and cheaper route :)

Gabe777

Organic Anagram
Reaction score
or you can go to a fabric, or art store and buy those small hole punch stickers, and stick them over the inlays, that just gave me an idea hah, ill put some neon green ones on my 7321

')