"Inlay Stickers" Colored Pickup Bobbin Stickers?

• Thread starter hamoftruth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hamoftruth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anybody used these? I have a pair of Blazes in my Ibby 7 string that would look dashing in green without having to spend $240.

I understand Universal Jems used to sell a similar product but unfortunately he passed away. Are these comparable, or are there any other alternatives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huh... I never would have thought of that for pickups. I wonder what the quality is like, they're pretty cheap IMO. Even the 'inlay' stickers are super cheap.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Has anybody used these? I have a pair of Blazes in my Ibby 7 string that would look dashing in green without having to spend $240.

I understand Universal Jems used to sell a similar product but unfortunately he passed away. Are these comparable, or are there any other alternatives?
I was considering these myself not too long ago, but wound up not going through with it. The ones from Universal Jems were top notch. They weren’t just stickers, but an additional layer of plastic that was shaped, cut and fitted with an adhesive on one side. It actually looked like a proper pickup “topper” for lack of a better word.

These just seem super cheap and thin, leading to them being easy to get messed up. In theory, like I said I have no personal experience. For the price, a few people mentioned to me that it may be better worth the effort to buy colored vinyl tape and make it yourself. It will be more durable, plus you get a higher number of colors/shades to choose from.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
i second just getting some 3M vinyl and wrapping your pickups. A small roll is usually under 20$ and will cover a fair amount of pickups (or whatever you want)

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
I don't know, man. Those and the inlay "stickers" are cringe IMO.

At the risk of sounding bougie and elitist, I'd pay $240 to avoid putting those on any of my guitars :lol:

lewis

Reaction score
I used some ages ago. Got white ones for a slime green Jackson I had.

They were OK really, nothing amazing but dome the job.
If I find the pictures I will add them

kerryymm

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've used the inlay stickers and they worked brilliantly, didn't move once they were on and I couldn't feel them.

Friend of mine used the pickup stickers, he didn't have any problems either.

Attachments

• DAEEC14E-D9EC-4EC6-BC67-5D4D27705C9F.jpeg
    DAEEC14E-D9EC-4EC6-BC67-5D4D27705C9F.jpeg
    779.2 KB · Views: 26

spudmunkey

Reaction score
I've used the inlay stickers and they worked brilliantly, didn't move once they were on and I couldn't feel them.
Same. I wanted some inlays in my classical guitar which had none (off the top of my head, I don't even remember if it has side dots), but was gun shy on spending money on the decals, so I found some on ebay for like $4 and put them on. I feel like it's been about 8 years and they look pretty much new. They are technically a "brushed stainless" look, but from a few feet away, they just look vaguely iridescent like MOP. Though, I will say, I don't play it even every week (and sometimes a few months between play, and then I'll play it first every time for a couple of months), and it's on a nylon string so it's not the same as a steel string instrument in terms of wear.

1665041414601.png

Latest posts