• WTF!?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs Moar Cowbell!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Well. What do you think? I know it's kinda wierd and unusual, but so is the nature of everything I do.

Sorry it's midi but I obviously dont own any upright basses, pianos, or an entire string section.

Attachments

• Memories.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 31

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Von Goosewing

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's pretty awesome! :yesway: It could sound genuinely creepy if recorded with real instruments. Reminds me of Bartók & Resident Evil at the same time :lol:

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Glad you like it. This is my first good use of polytonality (I'm a big fan of Stravinsky :hbang:). Not that I wrote it specifically to use polytonality, but I knew some of my ideas required it, and lastly I actually had an idea behind me the whole time. Sometimes (actually most of the time) I can't find an idea to compose around.

And in case your wondering it actually is based on my memories.

D

Desecrated

Separate the "string section" into a 5 piece string section instead of having them all as chords.

I personally don't like the first upright bass part, it's to happy and repetitive for my taste. But it gets better later.
But if I can give it some advice; I would play it without a bow.

It sounds really good from about 2.45 and forward.

The long D-minor chord around 4 minutes would be nice with some small variation, I would move the 5th around a little.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Separate the "string section" into a 5 piece string section instead of having them all as chords.

Yeah I know what your saying about the string section. I'll admit I did the chord stuff for convience just to get my ideas down and didn't want all those staves to become obtrusive.

I personally don't like the first upright bass part ... I would play it without a bow.

Sorry, I loves upright with bowing. To me pizzacato didn't seem right

it's to happy and repetitive for my taste. But it gets better later.

The 'happy intro' is supposed to represent childhood. It's supposed to be kinda plain.

It sounds really good from about 2.45 and forward.

Why thank you.

The long D-minor chord around 4 minutes would be nice with some small variation, I would move the 5th around a little.

This isn't completly polished. I'll probably spice things up a bit make some improvments. I just wanted to write it all out in near-completeness before I lost the flame of inspiration. Which can be amazingly brief at times.

Thanks for listening.
Also you've got a really good ear. I didn't expect anyone to name off any notes or chords I used at all.

')