Instrumental guitar album recommendations

guitaardvark

Reaction score
Luke Jaeger / Sleep Terror
Poor compositions, but very interesting passages for sure.
Hell of a player, but can't write a coherent song for anything. Also, when I still had facebook, I noticed that he spent a lot of time arguing with fans and namecalling. Seems like a great guy.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
@guitaardvark : thanks for the recommendations. I had a listen to your EP. Nice riffs, compositions and production, you clearly are talented ! It reminds me of Widek, in a good way :) I'll definitely have fun re-listening to it.

As a composition exercise, I may attempt to write solos on some of your tracks. On that topic, do you plan any future releases with guest solos like Widek does ?

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
@guitaardvark : thanks for the recommendations. I had a listen to your EP. Nice riffs, compositions and production, you clearly are talented ! It reminds me of Widek, in a good way :) I'll definitely have fun re-listening to it.

As a composition exercise, I may attempt to write solos on some of your tracks. On that topic, do you plan any future releases with guest solos like Widek does ?
Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words. I definitely plan on incorporating more solos, though not extensively. If I could get some big-ish names like Owane or Sithu Aye on my tracks, I just might die. I do have an absurdly talented local friend laying down at least one solo for a song I'm working on right now though, and he'll be soloing over the space in the end of Euthyphro when we play it live.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
@guitaardvark : do you have an artist Instagram/Facebook account ? If you're looking for guest solos, Syndrone (SS forum user) is an incredible pro player with great phrasing and amazing compositional/technical skills.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
@guitaardvark : do you have an artist Instagram/Facebook account ? If you're looking for guest solos, Syndrone (SS forum user) is an incredible pro player with great phrasing and amazing compositional/technical skills.
I don't. I deleted all of my social media for quality-of-life reasons, so at this point SS.O, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, and Spotify are all I've got.

Descent

Reaction score
Someone mentioning ANdy Timmons reminded me that I saw him opening for Uli Roth, so lets give some love to Uli, fantastic feel:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Arch Echo - Self-Titled

Beyond that, someone else mentioned "yeah whatever" by Owane. I'd echo that, and also add his other album "Dunno."

Lastly, Blotted Science having only been mentioned once makes me sad. "The Machinations of Dementia" is a monster album.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Someone mentioning ANdy Timmons reminded me that I saw him opening for Uli Roth, so lets give some love to Uli, fantastic feel

I absolutely adore UJR. Be it Scorpions, Electric Sun, solo stuff, all quality playing. His Vivaldi album may be scoffed by most classical or even neoclassical purists, but I think the post winter fifth season songs are quality material.

@Bloody_Inferno is also being modest - he has an album out too ;)

Oh yeah... :lol:

Not considered in the same league as everything posted here, but if anyone wants to bite...

Last edited:

Joan Maal

Reaction score
I BUILT THE SKY

INTERVALS

MESTIS

VIRIDIAN

... I recently discovered these Northen Irish guys : "AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR", also called "ASIWYFA"

You could start with 2 songs "Set guitars to kill" and "If it ain't broke... break it"

and, of course, everything about ANIMALS AS LEADERS

Latest posts