Instrumental mix needs your opinions

AxelvonKreon

Reaction score
Hey!

So I'm about done with the instrumental mix on this new post-hardcorish cover song. Got any suggestions before I consider myself done with it? :)
I know it's kind of boring right now, without the vocals but they will be in there soon!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/axelvonned/new-cover-instrumental-mix[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fretless

Knob Fiddler
Reaction score
I call BS. You don't need advice or suggestions. It sounds amazing as is! Great work!

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Pretty nice mix! Some of rhythm guitar seems a bit drowned at some times when there are a lot of things going on, but that's not big problem.
Snare is a little bit thin and lacks a punch it could have and kick could be more punchy too. Still good sounding mix...

Tizzer

Reaction score
Sounds really nice and crisp. Tight playing too. Like Kristaps said, the snare could maybe use a little more girth so you can really feel it hit you. Interested to hear what kind of vocals will be on here.

Spacestationfive

Reaction score
Here's my double pennies:

The bass is hiding in that mix a bit as well, perhaps boost it with a high shelf starting from 2-3K while turning down the "sub" on the kick drum and then boost 100hz (EDIT: in the master channel) and below by .5 db for a bit more balance.

FifthCircleSquared

Threadender
Reaction score
Just my two pennies on crappy speakers at work:

The click of the kick drum stands out a tad. Other than that, sounds awesome mang :hbang:

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
I've just enjoyed Your mix/song on my brand new A7Xs \m/ and...
I quite liked it. I'm not even close to that level, but i can give You my advises.
1. Drums in general and especially the snare are hidden.
2. Too much riff guitars in front. They tend to make it mushy.
3. Make drums a bit louder and all will be more tight.
4. For my personal taste there is too much of low mids with high mids lacking. More natural and vocal frequencies should bring some air to the mix.
5. Drums are overly low-mids heavy. On toms there is some rumbling going on because of this.
I wish i could do like You, but i know You can do even better ;-)
Good luck.

AxelvonKreon

Reaction score
Thank all of you for your input! I will consider all of what you've said when I lay the last hand on this project :) Maybe I can count on your opionions when I put the mix with vocals up?

I've just enjoyed Your mix/song on my brand new A7Xs \m/ and...

Nice! I just bought new monitors and I was actually chosing between the a7xs and the Ino Audio pIP. Found a couple of used pIPs and never been happier even if the a7xs are awsome speakers from the small time spent listening to them!

Cheers! //Axel