Insulted while trying to sell my ESP M-307.....

• Thread starter forum member
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I thought I'd go down to my local pawn shop to just see how much they'd offer me for my ESP M-307. I pull out 5the guitar and set it on the padded counter top and the emplyee of the shop says in a smart ass tone of voice "Hahaha, do people still even play these things anymore?" I looked at one of the guitars they had on a rack and saw an ESP MH-250
and thought "no of course not, people don't play ESP's anymore dumb-ass duoche bag!" Then owner of the pawn shop and his employee were looking online and after about 10 minutes or so the owner comes over to me and says "I know how much these sell for so I'm only going to give you 200 bucks," and then he says "you gotta leave some money on the table for me to make a profit." I thought to myself "hmm yeah like a 300-450 dollar profit" So of course I still have the ESP. I thought the amount was an insult and have to add that this is the very same pawn shop that sold me a vintage Ibanez TS9 Tubesceamer in great condition for $30. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
$200 seems right for a pawn shop. With a bit of negotiation you might be able to get $250, maybe $275 if you're really good, and those go for $450-500 in mint shape, and you have to leave room for them to negotiate with people who come in and haggle with them.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Pawn shops suck. I never go there, unless of course, to buy stuff. They don't give shit for anything. :shrug:

Lee

Above
Contributor
Reaction score
Pawn shops suck. I never go there, unless of course, to buy stuff. They don't give shit for anything. :shrug:

:agreed: You're barking up the wrong tree if you go into there looking to sell you stuff and actually get somewhere near what it's worth.

Adamame

Reaction score
I once came across a black and green universe at a local pawn shop for $900. That means some poor schmuck got about $400 for a $2k guitar. NEVER sell to a pawn shop!

Oh yeah, I really miss my M-307.

Mindcrime1204

Reaction score
Back in 2004 or so I walked into a pawn shop here in San Antonio and bought a Ibanez UV77GR for 450 bucks. Best short story/find ever in my life.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
now you know why people usually don't sell things to pawn shops unless they are desperate for the cash ;)

Adamame

Reaction score
now you know why people usually don't sell things to pawn shops unless they are desperate for the cash ;)
Yeah, how else would my Dad have bought a '68 Telecaster in excellent condition w/OHSC for $200?:nuts: BTW, If anyone wants to buy it, He's asking $6k for it.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, my dad used to tell me that back in the day you'd see these ads in the classified sections of the paper for really nice stuff going for very little, because it was a mom or wife or something that was selling something that they had no idea what the real value was. Now, with the internet, anyone can look up the actual value, and probably won't underprice something. Pawn shops are the last bastion of a good deal, if you can slog through all of the crap. But yeah, I won't sell anything to a pawn shop - unless I develop a crack habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')