Interested in a Graphtech Saddle Group Buy?

• Thread starter sworth9411
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
Let me know I am going to be ordering tons of things from them in the next few days and if anyone wants anything from them let me know. Prices are on their website. PM me for ss.org discount depending on what you order.

I am going to be ordering a few things for some incoming guitars so let me know cheaper rates for everyone on here. PM me for exact prices.

Thanks,

Sanford

Graph Tech

sworth9411

Banned
Reaction score
shit son....can I hop on that? I didn't know you were a dealer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
i should be able to modify the order monday morning, so if anyone else wants to hop on before monday, let me or sanford know and we can work this out.

Jazzedout

Reaction score
I am really interested in a set of 6 chrome Floyd Rose piezo saddles to fit an original Ibanez Edge trem. But the thing is that these should all be the same height, since the Edge base plate is allready radiused, not flat like the Floyd one.
Is there any chance that the guys at Graphtech could assemble a set of the same size saddles as a kit?
If they can do that please tell me how much these would cost. I will also need an Accusti-phonic preamp kit , a Ghost quick switch and a Ghost push pull Volume/mid boost pot to go with that... :)

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I am really interested in a set of 6 chrome Floyd Rose piezo saddles to fit an original Ibanez Edge trem. But the thing is that these should all be the same height, since the Edge base plate is allready radiused, not flat like the Floyd one.
Is there any chance that the guys at Graphtech could assemble a set of the same size saddles as a kit?
If they can do that please tell me how much these would cost. I will also need an Accusti-phonic preamp kit , a Ghost quick switch and a Ghost push pull Volume/mid boost pot to go with that... :)

i'm not even sure if their new LB63 piezo saddles will fit on an Edges, Mike Sherman assembled an OFR7 with them and found them to be too wide, he had to mill them to get them to fit on the OFR. they don't carry any Floyd Rose saddles anymore, they only have saddles for their new bridge, the LB63, which is their own design.

Jazzedout

Reaction score
I can measure the original Edge ones with a micrometer tomorrow, so you can check if these are the same size with the LB63 ones. What would you like me to measure? The width would be the obvious one as well as the height to determine which ones fit?

Jazzedout

Reaction score
OK, I have measured the Edge saddles and I think it is doable...
Here is what I measured in mm. I am also quoting the LB63 saddles measurements for easy reference to anyone interested:

-------Ibanez EDGE-----Graphtech LB63
Width: 10.6mm----------10.6mm
Lenght: 32.2mm---------33.6mm (Total of the two parts without the screw)
Height: 9.5mm----------12.2mm

Also the distance between the center of the intonation screws on the base plate is the same (54mm) so I don't see any problem in fitting the saddles in width.
So te saddles seem to be the same width with the Graphtech saddles being 1.4mm longer and 2mm taller.
I don't see the longer saddles causing any problems since I see there is a lot of space for the saddles to be longer and allow clearence for propper intonation. (The Bridge I used for reference is setup and intonated for 10-46 strings and had apprx. 7-8mm clearence at the back of the low E saddle. More than enough!)
As for the height: Graphtech gives a height of 12.2mm on the diagram you showed me and I measured 9.5mm on the EDGE. Now that is a difference of apprx. 3mm, but the diagram shows the bridge and all saddles as being completely flat which I doubt is true. Also could the extra height be the piezo things sitting higher but the string sits at the same place?
So Elysian is it possible that you ask the people at Graphtech if they have different height for the saddles? If they do I will need their closer match for 9.5mm.
If they don't and the standard height is 12.2mm, I think it is still doable but minor adjustments should be made to the setup of the guitar. I should either lower the bridge to compensate for the extra height thus loosing a bit of pull up on the trem, or shim the neck pocket towards the body, so the neck angle is changed to compensate for the higher saddles thus leaving the trem baseplate sitting at the same height as before.
Bottom line is, I think it is doable.
I hope that you understand what I am writting :) ;)

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
OK, I have measured the Edge saddles and I think it is doable...
Here is what I measured in mm. I am also quoting the LB63 saddles measurements for easy reference to anyone interested:

-------Ibanez EDGE-----Graphtech LB63
Width: 10.6mm----------10.6mm
Lenght: 32.2mm---------33.6mm (Total of the two parts without the screw)
Height: 9.5mm----------12.2mm

Also the distance between the center of the intonation screws on the base plate is the same (54mm) so I don't see any problem in fitting the saddles in width.
So te saddles seem to be the same width with the Graphtech saddles being 1.4mm longer and 2mm taller.
I don't see the longer saddles causing any problems since I see there is a lot of space for the saddles to be longer and allow clearence for propper intonation. (The Bridge I used for reference is setup and intonated for 10-46 strings and had apprx. 7-8mm clearence at the back of the low E saddle. More than enough!)
As for the height: Graphtech gives a height of 12.2mm on the diagram you showed me and I measured 9.5mm on the EDGE. Now that is a difference of apprx. 3mm, but the diagram shows the bridge and all saddles as being completely flat which I doubt is true. Also could the extra height be the piezo things sitting higher but the string sits at the same place?
So Elysian is it possible that you ask the people at Graphtech if they have different height for the saddles? If they do I will need their closer match for 9.5mm.
If they don't and the standard height is 12.2mm, I think it is still doable but minor adjustments should be made to the setup of the guitar. I should either lower the bridge to compensate for the extra height thus loosing a bit of pull up on the trem, or shim the neck pocket towards the body, so the neck angle is changed to compensate for the higher saddles thus leaving the trem baseplate sitting at the same height as before.
Bottom line is, I think it is doable.
I hope that you understand what I am writting :) ;)
yes, i think you're absolutely right, let me give colin a call and find out if they have different heights(he doesn't get in for another hour and a half), i'd imagine they do, because from the pics i've seen the LB63's base is flat... but i'm pretty sure he can hook me up with a set of them that are the same height. are you wanting a 7 string set or a 6 string set?

Jazzedout

Reaction score
I wish I could have an EDGE 7 bridge, but no. I'll be needing a 6 string set in chrome.
Please also ask for the price of the Accusti-phonic preamp, a quick switch and a push pull Volume Mid-boost pot.
thanks!

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I could have an EDGE 7 bridge, but no. I'll be needing a 6 string set in chrome.
Please also ask for the price of the Accusti-phonic preamp, a quick switch and a push pull Volume Mid-boost pot.
thanks!

Products & Ordering - Graph Tech

would you be interested in this kit with a volume/midboost push pull substituted? i'm about to call colin to see if he can do that, it would give you a really nice setup.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
:lol: I placed an order 3-4 weeks ago for a set of black saddles and the piezo controls + boards.

Apparently there's a wait for the floyd saddles as they are awaiting shipment. I'm just wanting to get my hands on them asap, but looks like it'll be one of them long long long waits...

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
:lol: I placed an order 3-4 weeks ago for a set of black saddles and the piezo controls + boards.

Apparently there's a wait for the floyd saddles as they are awaiting shipment. I'm just wanting to get my hands on them asap, but looks like it'll be one of them long long long waits...

i hope they work better on the Edge trem's than they did on that OFR7 mike did :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Products.&.Ordering - Graph Tech

would you be interested in this kit with a volume/midboost push pull substituted? i'm about to call colin to see if he can do that, it would give you a really nice setup.

Just a note, as I have the boost on my KxK, it's a pretty crappy push/push pot as opposed to a push/pull. Sounds awesome, but aside from the plug on the end (which you can get anywhere that sells electronics parts) there's nothing special about the pot IIRC and you'd be better buying a good push/pull pot and the plug and wiring it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.