Interesting Chord Progressions

• Thread starter ThatCanadianGuy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ThatCanadianGuy

Where am I? D:
Reaction score
I'm starting to really try to use chord progressions to keep my writing organized. I'm having trouble staying focused, because honestly, the ones I know of are kind of boring. Do you guys have any favourites? If so, I'd love to hear from you.

PS. If anyone knows any cool black metal-y ones, you get props from me for sharing them!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ghost_of_karelia

Utrydd dei Svake
Reaction score
Just to start us off, the opening riff from Emperor's Into the Infinity of Thoughts follows a pretty cool i-v-♭VI-♭VII progression, all tremolo picked in tr00 kvlt style.

Riff in question starts at 0:51!

Aion

Reaction score
I don't really have any favorites, but I like to make up progressions that I can smoothly move through different keys.

For example: I-V/iii-iii-vi-ii-V-bvi0-bVI, and then repeat the chord progression a half step up. After the repeat I'll either do it again once or twice or I'll find a way to subvert it since by that point the listener is expecting it. Depends on what I'm trying to accomplish.

ThatCanadianGuy

Where am I? D:
Reaction score
Just to start us off, the opening riff from Emperor's Into the Infinity of Thoughts follows a pretty cool i-v-♭VI-♭VII progression, all tremolo picked in tr00 kvlt style.

Riff in question starts at 0:51!

So you send me exactly what I'm looking for, with a video, while your profile pic has you in a segmentata holding a gladius?

I feel like the rest of us need to start stepping up our SSO game. XD

')