Interface and speaker help!

Reaction score
alright so i managed to get these M audio Studiophile MV 30 speakers and i have two interfaces, an M audio fast track and i also have a digidesign mbox 2 mini that a friend of mine gave me. i don't have pro tools or any recording software like that (if anyone could recommend good freeware that would be appreciated) yet i do have guitar rig 4. now my main question is how do i hook up my speakers to one of these interfaces and to my laptop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
You don't need to connect the speakers to your Interface AND your Laptop.

You just connect to your interface, and set the interface as your default sound source in the control panel.

As to software, look into Reaper. It's an incredible piece of software (even though it lacks a few things that other DAWs have). It has a non expiring free trial licence. After the 30 days it will ask you to buy it, but there's no obligation. It IS only $60 though, so you should buy it at some point!

Reaction score
You don't need to connect the speakers to your Interface AND your Laptop.

You just connect to your interface, and set the interface as your default sound source in the control panel.

As to software, look into Reaper. It's an incredible piece of software (even though it lacks a few things that other DAWs have). It has a non expiring free trial licence. After the 30 days it will ask you to buy it, but there's no obligation. It IS only $60 though, so you should buy it at some point!

alright i will deffinatly look into reaper. now i plugged my interface into my laptop and my headphones into the interface, i also plugged my guitar into the interface and ran guitar rig 4 and i cant hear anything. is it the interface? all the drivers are installed so idk what it could be

Ricky M

Reaction score
have you tried plugging your headphones into the headphone socket of your laptop? check what your playback device is in hardware and sound settings set it to your laptop speakers and see if you get any sound.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Yes you need to set your interface as the soundcard in the mac/pc settings.

Reaction score
now when i open guitar rig 4 its telling me the ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the usb interfaces. what now?

Ricky M

Reaction score
have you tried reinstalling the drivers from the M audio website? i dont use guitar rig myself so not 100% if it will work or not but its worth shot if you have not already. the only other thing i can think of is changing the sample rate for the device in the control panel

Reaction score
so i re installed the drivers and the fast track still wont pick up my guitars. i have no idea what to do now. the only thing i can think of is buy a new interface

asilayamazing

Reaction score
so i re installed the drivers and the fast track still wont pick up my guitars. i have no idea what to do now. the only thing i can think of is buy a new interface
im pretty sure the fast track only works with sonar pro tools and the like. i think. its an maudio interface designed for "mpowered pro tools" so is the mbox i believe the mbox may work with "avid pro tools" tho i know the fast track is supported by cakewalk by sonar tho. what is you DAW? I MIGHT BE TOTALLY WRONG.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
now when i open guitar rig 4 its telling me the ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the usb interfaces. what now?
the sample rate you have set in guitar rig sounds likely to be too high for the fast track, ther is a control panel for the m-audio fast track in the bttom right taskbar. and it sounds like you need to lower it in guitar rig and that its playback(guitar rig output) may be disabled until you do. ALSO im pretty sure the mbox mini is better than the fast track i would use that IMO

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Yea... It's an ASIO interface...

It will work with anything.

Try ASIO4All and see if that makes a difference.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
i thought everyone used this.:lol: didnt even think to ask ha

Not everyone.

Usually people with bigger/better interfaces will use the interfaces own audio drivers to control things.

I use the ASIO drivers for my RME Fireface because RME's drivers destroy...

Latest posts

')