Interface Units. Which one do you recommend?

ErkerAsylum

Reaction score
I currently have an M Audio Fast Track USB. I got it a long time ago and it is as you already know, not very good. It works, but I'm looking for something better that is not too expensive. I have a PC with USB so i am unable to go firewire at the moment. I plan on using it pretty much just for recording my amp/cabinet through a SM57 if that matters at all. Thanks for any and all input.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoahKnapp

Reaction score
I'd check out a focusrite scarlett 2i2 I've one and its very clean and has really low latency with ableton.

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
If you like M-Audio and want to go 'Firewire' check out the 400. It should be a decent upgrade to what you have now and, still be relevant for another couple of years.

ErkerAsylum

Reaction score
thanks everybody. Yeah i think I'm going to go with a presonus box a friend suggested for me. For now, the M audio box is working. The mic input is much better than the direct line in, or at least it seems that way. I like the sound so far but i definitely want to upgrade in the near future.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Which Presonus? If its one of the cheaper models then it may not be much of an upgrade from what you already have.

Aztec

On a perennial quest
Reaction score
Focusrite Scarlett, depending how many inputs/outputs you need, the model.

Casus

Reaction score
Check out some RME products. I`ve used them for 8 years or something, and NEVER had any issues. Good pre`s, converters and rock solid drivers.

')