Internet band...

• Thread starter 7deadlysins666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for musicians for internet band. I have never done this before, so its new to me. Im a 7 string player, so a 2nd 7 string player would be great. So I guess I need drums, bass, and 2nd guitarist. I also can do keyboards. ATM I have no way of recording anything, but I just ordered a Pod GX to solve that issue.

As far as sound..... Meshuggah meets Dio, but Viking Metal Epic. Very progressive, with strange time signatures.

If anyone is interested let me know. I've already got some riffs im working on so the only thing I have to wait for is my Pod so I can record. :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be in. I'm throwing my glove into the ring even though I'm mostly an Ambient player with some Cazares and Townsend roots. XD

If you're still interested give me a shout. I'm good at textural stuff and if you like the idea of a keyboard player without the er... keyboards, give me a shout. my music is in my signature if you want to check it out. :yesway:

Pictures of You is the song that best represents me stylistically. But I'm recording covers of Death and Fear Factory at the moment so I'm reasonably flexible.

Reaction score
Devin Townsend is one of my all time favorite musicians. Vocals and Guitar. Some ambience would be pretty awesome...i've always liked a whole lot of atmosphere to my music. Oh...should have mentioned i've currently only got 1 guitar and it is setup for Bb/A# (half step down) I honestly prefer that tuning, i've used it for years and have grown to Really like it.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Devin Townsend is one of my all time favorite musicians. Vocals and Guitar. Some ambience would be pretty awesome...i've always liked a whole lot of atmosphere to my music. Oh...should have mentioned i've currently only got 1 guitar and it is setup for Bb/A# (half step down) I honestly prefer that tuning, i've used it for years and have grown to Really like it.

Fair enough! I'm ready enough to play although I only use A and B tuning, but there's nothing a Capo couldn't fix in A tuning. ;)

Reaction score
Any other takers? Still need Drummer and Bassist. I would prefer a real drummer...i'll use a drum machine if I Must, but theres nothing like a Real drummer on a Real kit.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, I'd say count me as a keyboard player more than a guitarist. I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up with you. ;)

Reaction score
I can help with the bass. I think I can play stuff with odd time signatures.

Awesome..... I can play some bass(if needed), I forgot :lol: that I can use my bassist's bass through the Pod GX if needed.

ZeroSignal thats fine, I keep forgetting there won't be shows or anything, so I can handle most of the guitar parts. But like I said Ambience and Atmosphere = win.

Also, if anyone wants to hear any of my band check out MySpace.com - Shuddersome - Danville, Virginia - Progressive / Thrash / Metal - www.myspace.com/shuddersome

"the Tower(outsider I)" has one of my personal favorite solos in it.

Drums and Vocals still needed!

Hmm....maybe I should look on some drummer forums for a drummer?

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Couldn't find the song on your MySpace page. Any other links to it?

I dunno. Do you want to keep it as an SS.org only thing or what? :)

Reaction score
Couldn't find the song on your MySpace page. Any other links to it?

I dunno. Do you want to keep it as an SS.org only thing or what? :)

Nah, It doesn't matter if its SS.org only or not.

Sorry! Wrong song :lol: "The Hunger" is the name of it...its a 3 song zombie trilogy. (The Hunger, Nightmare Made Reality, and the Tower)

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
:shred: Your in! :agreed:

ZeroSignal and polydeathsphere Do either of you have Guitar Pro? I can send you some of the song ideas I have.

I've got Tuxguitar which isn't working at the moment for some reason. That's supposed to read GP files. I've got PowerTab and I use Reaper to record so I can read reaper project files if you're using them. :yesway:

Reaction score
I've got Tuxguitar which isn't working at the moment for some reason. That's supposed to read GP files. I've got PowerTab and I use Reaper to record so I can read reaper project files if you're using them. :yesway:

I have power tab, but I don't think power tab can handle all the keyboard and guitar layers (I don't use it often...actually only downloaded power tab to learn some Guthrie Govan stuff). I can covert my stuff to Midi though, so you can listen to it with WMP. PM me your email and i'll send you some stuff. (I'll send you mine too)

TimSE Hell yeah man! Im planning on doing a good amount of shredding myself :shred: but guest solos are always awesome. :yesway:

Vairocarnal

...is something.
Reaction score
I guess this is the point where I volunteer myself for vocals (myspace.com/sangredecristo). I'm especially proud of "Under A Violent Moon"...partly because I wrote that entire song.

Reaction score
I guess this is the point where I volunteer myself for vocals (myspace.com/sangredecristo). I'm especially proud of "Under A Violent Moon"...partly because I wrote that entire song.

Great growls, but Im honestly feeling more of a power metal-ish singer for this project (think Dio power metal, not the new power metal labeled stuff). A bunch of falsetto stuff to really make it over the top.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Great growls, but Im honestly feeling more of a power metal-ish singer for this project (think Dio power metal, not the new power metal labeled stuff). A bunch of falsetto stuff to really make it over the top.

No reason why we can't have two vocalists. But it is your project after all. :)

Oh and my exams are finished this week and I can get started on learning the material.

Reaction score
No reason why we can't have two vocalists. But it is your project after all. :)

Oh and my exams are finished this week and I can get started on learning the material.

This is true. I've been very busy lately, but I have been messing around with EZDrummer...starting to get the hang of it now. :metal:

Latest posts

')